SIGforum
I just got some interesting news

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/4800036305

September 23, 2023, 02:21 PM
wishfull thinker
I just got some interesting news
My high school class is having a reunion this fall and I got the invitation by email; first time for that. Ten years ago it was still coming by mail. So far so good, I guess.

The interesting part is that I am on the 'guess who died'list at the end of the mail.
I had a rough patch a year ago but I thought I was doing ok. I knew I should have taken better care of myself.

I don't suppose I have to go now though.

September 23, 2023, 02:23 PM
6guns
Sorry to hear about that, but you must me feeling at least a bit better now...

Show up and watch the shock in people's eyes!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
September 23, 2023, 02:25 PM
parabellum
A clever man would work with this material.
September 23, 2023, 02:37 PM
coloradohunter44 finally has a friend. Lol.

Q

September 23, 2023, 02:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
I don't suppose I have to go now though.

Send them back the RSVP.

Q

September 23, 2023, 02:43 PM
kz1000

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris
September 23, 2023, 02:49 PM
trapper189
They think you're dead, but they invited you anyway? It's a trap!
September 23, 2023, 02:56 PM
Rightwire
No one misses you until you're dead. Then everyone wishes you would come back.

When you do there is all the screaming, and panic, and running....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.
September 23, 2023, 03:00 PM
erj_pilot
You know anyone that's really good with hollywood makeup??? Give Greg Nicotero a call. Go to the reunion as a "Walking Dead" zombie. And wear a tux...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
September 23, 2023, 03:39 PM
Krazeehorse
I was only MOSTLY dead.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.
September 23, 2023, 03:43 PM
selogic
They think you're dead but invited you anyway . Sounds like Democrats when they do voter registration drives .
September 23, 2023, 03:44 PM
bendable
I see a memorial donation box with some envelopes and your framed picture next to it.
Big Grin
Just put Earl on your name tag

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
September 23, 2023, 04:04 PM
Timdogg6
for sure you need to dress up as a zombie, cause your un-dead and all now

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz
September 23, 2023, 04:26 PM
6guns
selogic, might want to edit your post. Politics...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
September 23, 2023, 04:34 PM
Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Q

September 23, 2023, 04:51 PM
oddball

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
September 23, 2023, 05:11 PM
darthfuster
I know that if quicksand thinks you are dead it will let you go....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier
September 23, 2023, 05:15 PM
ensigmatic
"Oddly enough, I seem to have been reincarnated into my doppelgänger. Go figure."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
September 23, 2023, 05:17 PM
Voshterkoff
Not everyone gets to pull a Tom Sawyer.
September 23, 2023, 05:40 PM
wishfull thinker
I was pretty confused at first, what with the whole 'only sure things are death and taxes' bit. So if you do one do you still have to do the other? Ir seems kind of unfair.