SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can someone please explain to me the Urban Meyer hub bub??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can someone please explain to me the Urban Meyer hub bub?? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I am a little late to the party I guess but it seems that a young lady (I believe is of age) was dancing suggestively on his lap by her choice and no force of his???
While I understand the issue from the infidelity standpoint and with infidelity being something I despise. I am not understanding why the media is making such a gigantic deal about it.

Are they really that concerned with the infidelity of consenting adults now? Every sports team, hell every profession across the board is chock full of folks who have committed full blown adultery?

What is the deal with this one??

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25427 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
For one, he isn't winning.

In particular, he committed the cardinal (jaguar?) sin of not travelling home with the team after the loss - saying he's staying in Ohio to decompress with family - then has a blonde's ass tattooed to his Ohio State sweater.

He's made misstep after misstep, and never been held accountable, but now that he's losing he is seeing it run downhill on him - kinda like once Bill Gates wasn't in a position to hurt people's careers any more the stories and the media piled onto him.

Build them up, tear them down, sell copies and ads both ways.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5646 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Married man. Told the team he was staying behind (after a bad loss) to spend time with grandkids. His statement was accurate, just wasn't his grandkids he was spending time with. According to the media, he had just given a speech to his team about integrity and supposedly has a history of lying. Nickmaned Urban Lyer.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Remember why Alabama fired Mike Price?

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
Married man. Told the team he was staying behind (after a bad loss) to spend time with grandkids. His statement was accurate, just wasn't his grandkids he was spending time with. According to the media, he had just given a speech to his team about integrity and supposedly has a history of lying. Nickmaned Urban Lyer.

all this PLUS they're losing in Jax...

he is just one of those guys that just does not come across as very likeable.

Lane Kiffin the same way -- just seems like a sleazy guy who talks the talk but doesn't believe a word he says...

-----------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm...Tubin jerks off 'live' and the media glosses over it and eventually welcomes him back to work. Urban has a coed rub her clothed ass on his lap and the media has a field day. At this point, my response would be, whatever.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ahh, more I had not heard.
So this makes a bit more sense as to why the players would be upset.

My question is why the media specifically is so focused on it?

quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:

Nope. Never heard of him.

quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Hmmmm...Tubin jerks off 'live' and the media glosses over it and eventually welcomes him back to work. Urban has a coed rub her clothed ass on his lap and the media has a field day. At this point, my response would be, whatever.

This is kind of where I am at? Why is the media making such a big deal of it? I see other folks being upset but this usually would not even be a blip on the radar to the media seems like.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25427 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
He’s always looking for his next job. When things don’t work out, he fakes an illness or some bulllshit, then he’ll end up at USC next year.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9693 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the team's problem, not yours or mine nor anyone else.

But you know, journalism being what it is and all..

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An example of repeated poor judgement. Plus he is not a very likable guy.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bigger you are and all that. If he was winning it wouldn’t be a big deal. Realistically it’s not a big deal either if you aren’t Meyers mom or his wife. It was in a public place, sleazy thing to do to your wife but beyond that who cares? As for the players being upset, well fuck them. When they stop beating up their girlfriends, sleeping around, having children outside of their marriages, and basically not acting like overgrown millionaire children I might gaf about their feelings.

It was stupid on his part. It was morally wrong. It won’t look good in the divorce filings. Beyond that he is a grown ass man who can make poor but legal choices all day long. You want morality the NFL isn’t the best place to look. The NFL was studying the Redskins for 10 years back because of their poor behavior. Who gets fucked? A coach/announcer who never ever worked for the Redskins. Imagine that.

Posts: 7508 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Well they can't talk about all the great football we've got going on here.

Locally the video is a nothing burger. The anger comes from him not traveling with the team. Is he really fully committed to the team seems to be the big question.

To be on the record, I was against him getting the job from the beginning for a bunch of reasons. Nothing I have seen so far has made me change my mind.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3853 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He ain't shit compared to his older brother, Oscar.

Posts: 107615 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Urban Cryer is only good for about three years anywhere he goes until the check writers figure him out.

In this case…maybe faster if they can make it happen.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

You gonna be here all week? I left the waitress a nice tip.

Posts: 2486 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
This is kind of where I am at? Why is the media making such a big deal of it? I see other folks being upset but this usually would not even be a blip on the radar to the media seems like.

The media needs fresh meat for the audience. Coach flies home with team after loss and meets with staff to go over film next day isn't news. Coach skips flight to stay behind to see grandkids is news because it's almost never done. When visiting grandkids turns into video of coach at bar diddling a coed it becomes very big news. When said coach has continually shit the bed since he's been hired it's even bigger news as it's part of a pattern of poor judgement, at his current and past jobs, and self inflicted wounds. It's football with a little bit of sex on the side which is a guaranteed media bomb.

Posts: 4280 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Or his grandfather, Fred.

(if you don't live in the Northwest or Alaska, you won't get that joke)

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You see the set of wheels he drives? I hear he has more than one Wienermobile.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

Ahh, more I had not heard.
So this makes a bit more sense as to why the players would be upset.

My question is why the media specifically is so focused on it?

quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:

Nope. Never heard of him.

quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

Price was hired to be head coach at Alabama and was fired before he could coach his first game, for behavior similar to Meyer's.

http://www.espn.com/ncf/news/2003/0503/1548767.html

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was one heck of a good college coach, and he also has given and done many charitable acts for The James Cancer hospital. He can't seem to get out of his own way though. He is his own worst enemy.

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post