SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    what vehicle battery charger Brands are best ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what vehicle battery charger Brands are best ? Login/Join 
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I have probably six or seven batter tenders on the farm from everything to our vehicles, tractor, and various other mowers, etc. They are all Schumacher and run around $25 on Amazon

They all work perfectly.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5046 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
CTEK for me. Had to keep my C5 Z06 plugged in when I wouldn't drive it for more than a week. Damn thing had a draw somewhere and I was too lazy to look for it.

Posts: 13132 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Battery Tenders.

Posts: 1925 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a NOCO Genius smart battery tender that I use on my motorcycle (fair weather rider). Highly recommend.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Years ago I went with the ‘Optima’ battery tender route. I now have the 3 & 4, use them on multiple vehichels & powersport batteries.

Just another to consider, the Optima 4 or newer. Some reading. The Ctek does well in most reviews.

http://forum.cog-online.org/co...ate-or-ctek-charger/

Posts: 6170 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
CTEK will do it all.
Battery tender, standard charge, sulfated battery, rapid charge, optima/AGM, etc.
They make some very nice accessory connectors too.

Posts: 9527 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
60.oo from Wal-Mart will last year's.
They are replaceable nowadays.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I've run only the Battery Tender as do many of the guys I ride with, the Harley Davidson branded unit is a BT.

You can get a connection that you put on the battery and the end where you can access it without opening the hood and connect up when you park.

BT has single charge and multiport smart charge units.

Posts: 23504 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I think some of us are using Battery Tender as a brand name (manufactured by Deltran), and some others are using it in a generic manner as another term for a battery maintainer. My earlier recommendation referred to the Deltran Battery Tender.

Posts: 26922 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
To be clear, the standard Battery Tenders and the clones are not chargers. they will only maintain a battery to peak.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
CTEK is a good brand but if you want one better consider getting one of the NOCO Genius models.

I use the NOCO Genius G7200 on vehicles with expensive batteries and it "exercises" the batteries to maintain them in their best possible shape.

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-G7...o+genius+g7200&psc=1

A G3500 might work for your application and be a few dollars cheaper...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6327 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
the standard Battery Tenders and the clones are not chargers. they will only maintain a battery to peak.

I don't know why you would say that, its not accurate IMO. For sure the deltran ones I use and recommend above have limited current capacity (mine are 5a and some of the smaller ones are less) so its not like some larger devices (I have one large one for emergencies and its 225a) but given enough time relative to the capacity of the battery they will charge any battery. I have used them to charge very large 8d batteries from full discharge. Current is current, they will apply it till the battery is charged and then float.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11007 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Battery Minder is the brand I’ve used for several years. Two different units keep my two cars and tractor charged and desulfated during the winter. I bought them when they were advertised mostly for aircraft and figured why not, should be overkill for my garage. Desulfating, temperature compensation, and a ton of accessories made me happy.

Posts: 3 | Location: Northern IL | Registered: May 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SMKNLS1:
Battery Minder is the brand I’ve used for several years.

I use the Battery Minder for maintaining my AGM batteries. They have a special AGM model, with a desulfating feature. I use the Deltran Battery Tenders for my regular flooded batteries.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10788 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post