SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Weego Jump Starter - someone you know needs one
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weego Jump Starter - someone you know needs one Login/Join 
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:
I have a Noco.
https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GB...gid=pla-449394730282
Great thing to have for car, boat & everything else. Cell phone also.

Which amperage would y'all recommend?

Year V

Posts: 2611 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
The Antigravity Micro-Start does not have any indication on the box or the battery indicating location of where it was made.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several times now I’ve been in a parking lot and heard the dreaded “clicking noise” from someone’s car. I got my charger, jumped them off and they’re out of there. None of them even knew that they made portable chargers that small. They’re definitely one of the most useful things I’ve ever bought.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3502 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Which amperage would y'all recommend?

I'll be following this as well, though the description seem to indicate for "normal" size and compression car and truck models the 1000 is plenty.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12347 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
A few years ago, these were cutting edge. Now they're ubiquitous. Ain't progress grand?

I wouldn't buy one without a reverse polarity protection feature - especially if it's intended to be used by someone with less than average knowledge/confidence in such things.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16261 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
I will say that it's been my experience that one of the new high tech boosters won't jump a completely dead battery

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Been thinking about something like those. I could use it 2 or 3 times a year for the lawn mower kept way out in the back building. It's quite a bit of pushing to get to an outlet.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
21buba is correct, most of them have a reverse polarity protection, it reads the voltage and will not make the connection if it is incorrectly connected- or cables touch each other. So if it states that it will work with no battery, it would work with a completely dead battery. Most do not have this feature.
I have three, saved me multiple times, even left one connected on my motorcycle to get home when the alternator quit.

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am very interested in these. I want to get my lady friend, and myself one for Christmas. I will be following this thread for SF advise and experience.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Woot has 2 sizes of the NOCO jump starters on deal right now at some good prices. Good time to pick one up if you're looking. I grabbed the 1500 amp one to travel with and keeping my less powerful Battery Tender one for around the house.

Woot Noco

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
A few years ago my Mom bought my wife and I a HALO from QVC. We have one in each of our cars. It has jumper cables and USB ports.
I have used several times to jump start my neighbors car.
My wife uses the USB ports to keep her phone and IPad charged on long car trips.
Last year my mom bought us one for the house that has a regular house plug on it.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up on Woot. $20 more than the 1000W one on AMZN, I'm in for four. Two for us, two for gifts.

Posts: 12347 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad that this thread is still active. I am trying to get an education on these jump starters.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Forgot I had set a camelcamelcamel alert on AMZN.

If you're still considering these, NOCO are a Cyber Monday deal today. 1000W is only $63, 1500 is $94. Less than I paid on Woot...

posted Hide Post
I just ordered my 2nd 1000W NOCO - $64 on Amazon
today it is 5 bucks less than I paid when it was a special price earlier this year. Polarity protection, and "override" when the battery is so dead that the jump box cant detect it. I have rescued at least 6-7 folks with the one I leave in my wife's car. Can't pass up the deal today so I can also have one in my truck

Posts: 168 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
I entered 2 different vehicles for compatibility on Amazon site, both said it does not fit.

What would be reasons why?

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1989 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
I entered 2 different vehicles for compatibility on Amazon site, both said it does not fit.

Because it's not specific to any vehicle, it's just a jump starter. You can put in jumper cables and get the same answer I guess.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Forgot I had set a camelcamelcamel alert on AMZN.

If you're still considering these, NOCO are a Cyber Monday deal today. 1000W is only $63, 1500 is $94. Less than I paid on Woot...

I picked up two of the 1000Wtt units this morning at a great price!!!!! Soooooo happy!!

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
On all the ringing endorsement for the Weego, I bought a Jumpstart 22. It came really really fast. I charged it and threw it in my trunk. My neighbor comes by and asked if I had jumper cables. I said, I have something better. I have this Weego. well he was amazed connected it to the battery and nothing! left it on until the blue lights discharged and .... nothing. So I reached out to the company not once but 3 times, never heard from them. I call Amex disputed the charge (1-year policy on purchases with them) they credited me the full amount and now maybe the people at Weego will actually get back to me otherwise I will be the proud owner of something no more capable of charging an iPhone or iPad.
So my advice is to buy from anyone but these jackasses.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: downtownv,

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8317 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Timely bump as we head into summer.

I gave the NOCO ones to each of my kids for Christmas. They sort of rolled their eyes and took them with a thanks. Remarkably I got a call from my son about three weeks ago thanking me for it after it saved his butt in a hot Texas Home Depot parking lot.