SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Early memory of a television show or movie is driving me crazy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Early memory of a television show or movie is driving me crazy Login/Join 
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted
Things we do at 3:30 AM...

I have a very early memory of something I saw on television as a kid.

There was a scene where a young boy and young girl were at home and the small boy swallowed a button. The young girl had a parent or guardian franticly give the boy a piece of bread to help wash it down.

That is really all I remember. The show would have aired approximatley from 1969-1973 unless it was a rerun or an older movie. I remember the show was in color and the boy may have had red curly hair.

I feel crazy thinking about this or even putting on the forum but it is bugging the hell out of me.

Any idea what this may have been?

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6142 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:
Things we do at 3:30 AM...

I have a very early memory of something I saw on television as a kid.

There was a scene where a young boy and young girl were at home and the small boy swallowed a button. The young girl had a parent or guardian franticly give the boy a piece of bread to help wash it down.

That is really all I remember. The show would have aired approximatley from 1969-1973 unless it was a rerun or an older movie. I remember the show was in color and the boy may have had red curly hair.

I feel crazy thinking about this or even putting on the forum but it is bugging the hell out of me.

Any idea what this may have been?

I don't have a clue as to which TV show you are recalling, but I do vividly recall the advice to give someone with food stuck in their throat a piece of bread to wash it down, was common. We ate a lot of the fish we caught and, as a kid, sometimes there were bones that were missed and would get caught in my throat and my mother would give me a a small piece of bread with a little sip of milk to wash it down.

On one family trip, I was about 4 or 5 years old, we were in the middle of the Puget Sound on a ferry crossing when I managed to swallow a peach pit and have it get stuck in my throat. My mother about died from panic because she didn't have any bread to give me but after a minute or two I managed to swallow it the rest of the way down.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Family Affair ran from 66-71. Red curly haired boy character was Jody Davis.

Posts: 1755 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
20 minutes for the answer…not bad for a show from the 70s

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11298 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Augen:
Family Affair ran from 66-71. Red curly haired boy character was Jody Davis.

Bloody Hell! I just looked it up. That's got to be it! I can pictures the characters in my head now. Wow! Thanks.

...now if I can just find that clip

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6142 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buffy and Jody. And Mr.French!

Posts: 959 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Dad was a vet. And I grew up as kennel boy, xray tech and surgeon. Many times we got a canine that swallowed or suspected swallowed a fish hook. Dad used a non toxic poor digestible grease to saturate cotton balls. The canine gut force fed an amount of the cotton. It was my job to search the poo looking for a fish hook. The treatment worked quite well.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6320 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Angus the kid 1 windwolf 0 if anyone is keeping score!!

Posts: 141 | Location: Ma. | Registered: November 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post