SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Guy gets out of car during 'road rage incident', gets gun pulled on him...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guy gets out of car during 'road rage incident', gets gun pulled on him... Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
...and the police see the situation differently.

"Cops refuse to arrest the man and we don't know why," Ewing told Willis.

Well, maybe it will come to you eventually, dearie.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/loca...e-incident/521029852

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
...and the police see the situation differently.

"Cops refuse to arrest the man and we don't know why," Ewing told Willis.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/loca...e-incident/521029852

Nah, people that stupid never get smarter. They should retire to their safe space, contemplate their navels, have some expensive latte and cry in private.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Never bring an attitude to a gun fight. From the photo, looks like good trigger control, though.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
The incident began when she backed out of her driveway and he swerved. It seems logical that he would not have swerved unless it was necessary to avoid a collision. Then she honked, he cursed, she shouted, boyfriend stepped out, gun is drawn.

This is her version. Just going on what she says, in every instance she (or boyfriend) initiated or escalated. Now she's the victim?

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2159 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Steed:
Now she's the victim?
Because: Gun

BTW- S&W Shield, yes?

Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by John Steed:
Now she's the victim?
Because: Gun

BTW- S&W Shield, yes?

Looks like a shield to me boss

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11156 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
"Impatient driver swerved around her"

That's because you're backing into the right of way, you pedantic princess. The fact that you so freely admit this, without the slightest inclination that you were in the wrong, shows me you have no business operating a motor vehicle.

"I pulled out my phone and started recording when he pulled the gun"

Bullshit. You were either going to record your superdeluxe cool boyfriend giving this poor guy an epic beat down, or you realized this wasn't going your way, and then decided to record it. All after you instigated the issue by backing out in front of him on a public roadway and refusing responsibility for your mistake. And then, instead of your mouthy boyfriend beating up some random dude, you happened to video one of the many of us that have decided to skip the fighting and go right to the winning.

And now your world is shattered because you realized: A. You're not a princess in your very own little diva-bubble. B. Your superdeluxe cool boyfriend isn't the macho man you thought he was. And C. From your interaction with law enforcement it is clear you have no even elementary grasp of traffic laws or laws pertaining to self defense.

Welcome to the world, Bambi; it's a bold new day!

Posts: 10806 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
"Impatient driver swerved around her"

That's because you're backing into the right of way, you pedantic princess. The fact that you so freely admit this, without the slightest inclination that you were in the wrong, shows me you have no business operating a motor vehicle.

"I pulled out my phone and started recording when he pulled the gun"

Bullshit. You were either going to record your superdeluxe cool boyfriend giving this poor guy an epic beat down, or you realized this wasn't going your way, and then decided to record it. All after you instigated the issue by backing out in front of him on a public roadway and refusing responsibility for your mistake. And then, instead of your mouthy boyfriend beating up some random dude, you happened to video one of the many of us that have decided to skip the fighting and go right to the winning.

And now your world is shattered because you realized: A. You're not a princess in your very own little diva-bubble. B. Your superdeluxe cool boyfriend isn't the macho man you thought he was. And C. From your interaction with law enforcement it is clear you have no even elementary grasp of traffic laws or laws pertaining to self defense.

Welcome to the world, Bambi; it's a bold new day!

Nailed it. Exactly what I was going to post. Backing into the traveled portion of the lane and then getting upset because someone swerved around you and got pissed because you almost caused a collision is dumb.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37173 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
It sounds like the only thing the other driver did "wrong" was to curse. Better not to do this of course, but completely understandable if someone just backed in front of you then honked at you to boot! Apparently, he also stopped. While it would have been the better part of valor to just keep going, this too is completely understandable.

I suppose she is implying that the other driver was going too fast. Sounds to me like she is the type who is so special that they expect other drivers to get the hell out of their way. And has a big Bruno riding along as an enforcer.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2159 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
She's going to pursue the matter in civil court?

Let me know how that works out.

Posts: 3265 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I suspect when you exit your vehicle to "confront" someone (over a horn honk), that could be interpreted as escalating the situation and threatening bodily harm. Keep this up and you will find there are a lot of leally armed people.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
I saw the video on the news last night. The one thing that really stuck out to me was that the guy with the gun had his trigger finger in the "safe" position. Extended straight out past the trigger guard. Cool and well trained dude.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Great post jones, I'm still laughing. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15527 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:

I am sure the anal retentive uptight bitch will try and sue him for emotional distress and then go after her HOA to boot for allowing a free range black person in her neighborhood.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I found this sentence to be the most humorous, "A camera phone was the only thing that stopped the threat, according to Elizabeth Ewing."

She really thinks the phone "stopped the threat"?

Posts: 5817 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I had an idiot rage on me yesterday. They were hauling ass up to a spot where the road drops from four lanes to two and I was the asshole because I didn't slam my brakes to let them over. :roll eyes: I thought they were following me for a while. Luckily they had to turn or lost interest a few miles later.

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:

I am sure the anal retentive uptight bitch will try and sue him for emotional distress and then go after her HOA to boot for allowing a free range black person in her neighborhood.

And she no doubt has one of those "Equality" stickers on her bumper.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Every story has 2 sides, and then there is the truth/facts. The media took the most dramatic and explosive side and downplayed the LEO position.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38203 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

Somehow, I doubt it Wink

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Every story has 2 sides, and then there is the truth/facts. The media took the most dramatic and explosive side and downplayed the LEO position.
The only reason WSB chose to air this story is because of the video. They don't give a rat's ass about the law or justice. All they know is that they can air the video and say "Look!! A GUN!!!!!!!!! AND THE POLICE AREN'T PROTECTING THIS POOR HELPLESS WOMAN!!!!!!".

Sensationalistic, self-serving, completely biased horse shit.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023