SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Uncle Roger Hate Rachael Ray Adobo (and shills Express VPN)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uncle Roger Hate Rachael Ray Adobo (and shills Express VPN) Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
Assuming I start at the right spot, (6:41), I think Gordon and Roger get along. Plus more Express VPN shilling. But not for us. Big Grin

The whole video is good.

Ramsay is a real cook and actually knows about food and restaurants. He runs a Michelin 3 star restaurant, even if he doesn't cook there every day.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
"One tastes like shit, the other tastes like cilantro." Big Grin

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4880 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Assuming I start at the right spot, (6:41), I think Gordon and Roger get along. Plus more Express VPN shilling. But not for us. Big Grin
The whole video is good.

Ramsey is no dummy, he knows engaging with social media figures helps him stay current and relevant with younger audiences. He and Nigel Ong have done number of challenge videos, he's a good sport about it, and hopefully it continues.

Posts: 14692 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I think it must be challenging to get serious female leads for a cooking show.

Julia Child had the kind of personality to be a chef.

Lots of women work in kitchens, but they don’t seem to be the type that’s going to go along with “wear the cute dress, make-up and fancy hair and nails - not sure how marketable their personality would be.

Posts: 5748 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
The whole video is good.

Ramsey is no dummy, he knows engaging with social media figures helps him stay current and relevant with younger audiences. He and Nigel Ong have done number of challenge videos, he's a good sport about it, and hopefully it continues.

I agree. I saw the Gordon Ramsey's Fried Rice video which earned him "Uncle" Gordon status.
However, The best of his "engaging social media figures" is his Hot Ones appearance.

Posts: 7378 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
I think it must be challenging to get serious female leads for a cooking show.

Nigella Lawson
Ina Garten
Giada DiLaurentis
Ree Drummond
Paula Deen

Most of the people doing the celebrity cooking shows are either already established in the restaurant scene and they moved-on to being in-front of the camera or, they never got into food service and have enough talent & personality to make a show around. Clearly you need to have some charisma and personality to get in front of the camera but, you don't want to be an idiot either.

There's a number of top-notch female chefs out there, some are fine just focusing on their restaurants others, are good with some stardom but not the major time-suck that show productions take.

Esther Choi could easily have a huge show career but, she's more focused on her business.
Kristen Kish is now the new host of Top Chef taking over from attractive but wooden Padma Lakshmi, a talented chef in her own right but, she's definitely moved more away from the kitchen and more to the sound stage.
Anne-Sophie Pic, Elena Arzak, Ana Ros and Dominique Crenn are arguably the best female chefs in the world over the last two-decades but, they've remained restauranteurs and chefs first, celebrities second.

Posts: 14692 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post