SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What's your favorite stainless coffee tumbler?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your favorite stainless coffee tumbler? Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
I seem to have lost all my coffee tumblers in the move. My wife is notorious for throwing away old household items so I can see her pitching all of them before we moved.

What's your favorite model? I want one that can be easily cleaned and I don't like ones with a spring valve that can't be disassembled for cleaning.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5416 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I think it depends on whether it needs to be mobile or not. That can get pretty specific. I use one that I have when it needs to go in my car simply because it works with my old cars' cupholders. I don't particularly like it.

At home at my desk, I use a cheap, Ozark Trail (read WalMart) brand. It seems to work as well as much more expensive stuff.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Yeti 16 Oz is my favorite the cover has a magnetic closure that all you need to do to clean it is pull off the closing slide.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of stainless steel insulated Klean Kanteen tumblers that I use when road tripping. The lid is plastic with rubber seals and comes apart easily for cleaning.

Posts: 765 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Peruse local thrift stores for them- you can find lots of variety of solid mugs. I hate to admit it but Starbucks has made some decent spill proof/resistant tumblers. My go-to is a pretty cool looking copper accent 12 oz tumbler from 2010 that will lie on its side completely full of hot coffee and not ooze a drop. I simply removed the company logo so I don’t openly advertise for them. If leakproof isn’t an issue, I second the Yeti 20 oz tumblers with the magnetic slider that is super easy to clean, but it will ooze if tipped over.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I received cast off Schwag from my brother-in-law, who runs a shop. I now have four yeti thermoses branded with his company logo. Handy as hell.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Bass Pro Shops/Cabelas have some nice stainless tumblers.

Posts: 833 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I've got some Cabela's gift cards and I think I'll get the Yeti.

gearhounds- I had the exact tumbler for years but tossed it because it was from starbucks. It was a great tumbler. I had starbucks coffee mugs from all over the world and tossed them due to their politics.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5416 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I like all my travel coffee mugs to be the same. I hate having different styles with lids that are not the same. Walmart has Ozark Trail Yeti knock offs. There's tons of comparisons on the innerwebs, they are exactly the same, for a fraction of the price. I think I have 8 in my rotation.

Ozark Tumbler

Posts: 5767 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hydro flask, not made in the states but I don’t believe any are. Has a flip top lid that seals when closed. I like my coffee hot and this is the best that I’ve found.

Posts: 189 | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Yeti won't disappoint. Work gave us one every year for a while. Spoiled me. I put the most miles on this sucker now. Father's Day gift, hit the nail on the head.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6978 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of the Contigo brand AutoSeal mugs.
Been using them since I was in a patrol car.
The lid technology makes cleaning simple and they'll keep a drink cold or hot for hours.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My office tumbler is a Coleman shorty, got from a vendor. Has the snap in slider, but I don't use the lid in the office.
Can't seem to find it online, but similar in style to the Yeti Lowball.

My car mug I got from HEB [local TX grocery chain], don't recall the brand, but it keeps hot much longer than my Yeti mugs do. But it does not have a spill-safe lid.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15365 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used a Nissan bran Thermos mug since 1996 or so. It has served me well, and it is Japanese made.
Zojuruchi nowadays makes some nice travel mugs, and I am going to get one of their travel thermoses

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I for one hate hot coffee, I like warm coffee.
Get a burnout tumbler.
they take the initial crazy hot out of coffee and keep the heat in for hours.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5135 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I've been using the Yeti 20 oz. The sip valve has a removable magnetic slider piece for cleaning, but I just leave the slider off.

I have a couple other Yeti knockoffs I got free from the credit union that are not as nice, but seem to work just as well.

Posts: 7424 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motor59:
I'm a big fan of the Contigo brand AutoSeal mugs.
Been using them since I was in a patrol car.
The lid technology makes cleaning simple and they'll keep a drink cold or hot for hours.

Another vote for the Contigo, hard to beat for the price.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3405 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several Yetis. I also have several unbranded knockoffs that seem to work just as well.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The Wal Mart Ozark are the best buy.
You can get a Yeti if your they type of dude that needs to pay double for a name.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and every one of them words rang true and glowed like burnin’ coal.
Picture of TannerBoyl
posted Hide Post
My brother bought me a 24oz Yeti Rumbler a few years ago. I absolutely love it! With the way my truck console is designed, it fits in my cup holders. What a fantastic product!

Posts: 4594 | Location: Redondo Beach, California | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post