SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Various 2022 midterm election items
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Various 2022 midterm election items Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Real Clear Politics current evaluation of the House election

174 DEMs, 228 REPs with 33 Toss Ups

Toss Ups:

DEM incumbent:
AKAL AZ4 CA9
CA13 CA47
CA49 CT5 GA2
IL6 IL14
IN1 KS3 MD6
ME2 MI7
NC1 NH2 NV1
NV4 NY3 NY4
NY17 NY18 NY25
OH9 OR4 OR6
TX28 VA7

AKAL is Alaska At-large

REP incumbent:
CA22
IL13
MI3
TX34

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
CA Gov. Gavin Newsom has thrown in the towel.

quote:
issued his warning in an interview Tuesday with CBS news. Asked whether the election feels like a “red wave,” Newsom replied: “Yeah. Of course it does. And again, I’m not paid to say that, I’m paid to say, you know, [indistinguishable] — I get it. Look, I mean, I could be the cheerleader. I’m also a pragmatist. You feel it.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...e-is-coming-tuesday/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ I was about to say "well, he's safe in California" until I took another look at sdy's post. He's got four Congressional seat jump balls in California where a Dem is the incumbent and only one where the Rep is an incumbent. You know that if there's any governor who desperately needs friends in the house where Federal funding bills originate it's Newsom.

quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Fuck that shit. The Republican Party leaders better be on the ball and screaming bloody murder.

Hear, hear - early and often!
quote:
Does he have to be the leader when the Republicans take the majority?

Technically, no. When Blake Masters wins, you and all of your friends should be on the phone and email to him to remind him so.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Gretchen Whitmer is the DEM Gov of Michigan

couple weird videos at link

https://hotair.com/tree-huggin...mponderables-n508057

She’s currently fighting for her political life with upstart Republican challenger Tudor Dixon.

Dem candidates are doing anything and everything their overpriced, over-educated campaign staff tells them is smoking hot with all the cool kids on Twitter or TikTok. When every one of your 20-something campaign interns giddily nods like bobblehead dolls in agreement, the candidate goes for it – they can’t all be wrong, because they’re all tapped into the pulse, right? Jeez, Louise.

even obama gets in the act

https://twitter.com/i/status/1587628943795855360

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/midt...assan-emergency-aid/

The Democrat Senate Majority PAC on Wednesday rushed $1.2 million in emergency aid to Sen. Maggie Hassan (D-NH) after polling revealed Republican Gen. Don Bolduc leading New Hampshire’s Senate race by a slim margin.

The New Hampshire Senate contest is one of seven fiercely contested battleground states that will determine which party controls the Senate. To retake the chamber, the GOP needs to hold Wisconsin and Pennsylvania and retake either Arizona, Nevada, Washington State, New Hampshire, or Georgia to have a one-seat majority in the Senate.

The emergency aid was sent to Hassan’s campaign amid a frantic dash to retain the Senate seat against Gen. Bolduc, who has surged 13 points in the last six weeks in polling to take a slim, two point lead

Gen. Bolduc has credited the momentum to his more than 75 town halls and over 1 million voter contacts. His campaign has also been boosted by $2 million in super PAC ads in the closing weeks of the campaign. On Wednesday, Citizens for Sanity, a Republican super PAC, scheduled a $3.2 million TV ad buy in the closing days of the campaign, a huge infusion of cash just days before the November 8 election.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
A little bit of levity.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
NBC poll: 81% of Americans say they're "dissatisfied" with the state of the economy.

"This is the second-highest number we've ever recorded. The last time it was this high was just before the 2010 election."

https://twitter.com/RNCResearc...ith-economy-n2615564