SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The University that hired Senator Fauxahontas and discriminates against Asians rescinded Parkland graduates admission, Harvard is something else...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The University that hired Senator Fauxahontas and discriminates against Asians rescinded Parkland graduates admission, Harvard is something else... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I think they did the kid a favor!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16124 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bunch of moral cowards

I'm sure they apply that standard to all applicants, right?

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Funny (or not) thing is people still don't get it....I have tower climbers (none work for me but some wanted to) that post unsafe or nasty things on FB.....great way to ensure you don't get hired.

Again, to clarify - Kyle didn't post anything on Facebook or Twitter, made no public posting of anything at all.

It was a private document shared between friends, one of whom didn't like the fact that he came out against gun control and decided to share it publicly.

It was stupid, sure, but you have FBI agents using government phones who think their communications are private.

Not defending what he said or saying it was smart, but everyone is assuming this was stuff he posted publicly on social media and it is being dug up now and that is not the case.
_____

So MSNBC brings in a RINO to support Harvard and criticize Kyle (comparing him to a school shooter):

Turns out the RINO actually killed a man when he was 16 years old:

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/...killed-a-man-6526464

Jolly's wife jumps in to defend him and it doesn't go so well for her either:

https://www.politico.com/story...nahoe-wedding-118615

Glass houses and stones...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:
Bad decisions have consequences. He just got a free lesson in life.
Tell ya what. Let's have a group go back through the backgrounds of all current Harvard students and lets see what we find. My bet, there's a sub-group of current students that couldn't live up to the standard just used to shit can Kyle's future.

Harvard rescinding this kid's acceptance has nothing to do with what he said as a 16 year old with a bunch of other 16 year olds. Virtually no one could live up to that standard. This has everything to do with Harvard executing an agenda everyone across this country knows they pursue. Diversity my ass. More aptly described as pure, unadulterated hypocrisy.

Have you seen how lily-livered the average university is with respect to charges of racism? That alone is more than sufficient to explain this decision. Even the slightest whiff is enough to poison someone. No other motive is needed to explain this.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

They did. My son went to MIT and also took classes at Harvard. I wish he had not gone there.
He also had full rides to USNA and Claremont. He would have been better off in the long run at either of the other two choices.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24177 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

This x 10. Now the kid will have an opportunity to find another University where he can continue to think for himself and formulate his own opinions.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now the kid will have an opportunity to find another University where he can continue to think for himself and formulate his own opinions.

Good luck in finding that university. That is not a flip comment. I mean that.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:
Now the kid will have an opportunity to find another University where he can continue to think for himself and formulate his own opinions.

Good luck in finding that university. That is not a flip comment. I mean that.

Have you ever heard of Hillsdale?

Q

Posts: 26494 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
And, a few more that likely will not shout him down because of his views.
https://thebestschools.org/ran...onservative-colleges

Q

Posts: 26494 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:
Bad decisions have consequences. He just got a free lesson in life.

Tell that to Governor Blackface, who still has his fucking job!

Different strokes for different folks...

Roll Eyes
It's ok though. Being a democrat he has simply "evolved". So all is good and pure as far as he is concerned.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Yes, 12131, I'm aware of Hillsdale and several others in the list of 20. But out of the thousands of colleges and universities in the country, we can only come up with about 20 where ideas from the political right are encouraged and not squelched. And a few of those listed have only 300 or 400 students.

If you made a list of the major universities and colleges state by state-- in my state it might start with Penn State and University of Pennsylvania-- it would be a long checklist of "nope... nope... nope...nope...."

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, 12131, I'm aware of Hillsdale and several others in the list of 20. But out of the thousands of colleges and universities in the country, we can only come up with about 20 where ideas from the political right are encouraged and not squelched.

Yes, it is a problem. The left dominates education, which has for the most part become indoctrination.

Q: I went to the University of Dallas, #4 on the list. Thanks for posting.

Did Your Child Return From College a Better Person?
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-p...ege-a-better-person/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chellim1,

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24177 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel for the kid to a point. While he's apologized and is attempting to make amends, the reality is in today's world, everything you do and say, can be used against you. If you need to explain it, it's probably best left unsaid. I get he was a kid, however he went on to use social media as an advocate and by that standard, everyone is equal...or, should be. It's not like we're in a wasteland of university options, Harvard looks really good on the resume, however, there's many other schools that look good and are well connected.

What was this kid looking to major in?

Posts: 14692 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post