SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man Found with Weapons Cache on Houston Hyatt Regency's Top Floor Before New Year's Eve Celebration, Police Say
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man Found with Weapons Cache on Houston Hyatt Regency's Top Floor Before New Year's Eve Celebration, Police Say Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
https://www.houstonpublicmedia...ed-at-houston-hotel/

Story states he was trespassed for drunk and not leaving the bar when asked, and likely no issue with intent about the guns.

More like some chicken little "news" folks trying to whip up a nothing burger.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
So what's more impressive, a 'cache' or an 'arsenal'? I'm just curious how to describe my collection to people who have no clue.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
West Houston shooters club 3 gun match? Quicky google shows they host matches their. Was he their practicing maybe?

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Cache, huh? Most of the other news outlets are reporting is as an "arsenal". Roll Eyes

An AR, a shotgun, a handgun, and some ammo in a hotel room... Not necessarily anything nefarious.

Could just be that a guy in town for a 3 Gun match got a little too drunk at his hotel.

That was my first thought also....this guy is going to a 3 gun match.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Hotel, guns, New Years eve?
He may have just been concerned for his own safety but the headline makes it sound bad to the uninformed.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
... the headline makes it sound bad to the uninformed.

Which is the point of such headlines.

Betcha there'll be "BREAKING NEWS" on the nightly entertainment-billed-as-"news" this evening.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
... the headline makes it sound bad to the uninformed.

Which is the point of such headlines.

Betcha there'll be "BREAKING NEWS" on the nightly entertainment-billed-as-"news" this evening.

It was a fox news banner notification alert on my phone. Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Fox News can go scratch under, with CNN, MSNBC, CBS, etc. Utterly worthless, the lot of them.

Posts: 26910 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post