SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Heinkel 111, in USA flight (in English).
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heinkel 111, in USA flight (in English). Login/Join 
posted
The only remaining flying Heinkel 111 owned by the Confederate Airforce...

Link..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZd9Ocmg0tw

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I thought they had changed their name to the "Commemorative Air Force" some years back.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
The CAF name change was back in 2001/2002

This CASA 2.111 version was at the then Arizona Wing when I joined that year. Sadly she was lost a couple years later with a couple great pilots. A very sad time.

Prior to the accident, I crawled around in that aircraft quite a bit learning about it. It was a very interesting aircraft for sure. Offset canopy glazing, vertical bomb loading, lower ventral gun position, stinger machine gun controlled by the pilot, etc.

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Wasn't built for comfort.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
As I recall, I.F. Franco had a CASA 2.111 fitted out as a personal air transport.

Link to the fate of the plane

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7259 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
That is the plane in the video in the OP. So there are actually no flying he 111 Because it crashed. The video must be almost 20 years old. I don’t know, but I suspect the man in the video was one of the two killed in the article

May they Rest In Peace

quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
As I recall, I.F. Franco had a CASA 2.111 fitted out as a personal air transport.

Link to the fate of the plane

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I’m very sorry to hear about the loss of the pilot and crew member(s).
I’ve been to the Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum in Mesa, just missed getting a ride in an SNJ. Next time I’ll make an appointment ahead of time.
Great place.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post