SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Senators Burr, Feinstein and Loeffler (and probably more) - dumped hotel stocks after private Coronavirus briefing
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Senators Burr, Feinstein and Loeffler (and probably more) - dumped hotel stocks after private Coronavirus briefing Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
So I just saw Cuomo cover this story on CNN. There was NO MENTION of Diane Feinstein. And they wonder why people think CNN is biased.

Hannity said Diane Feinstein and 3 Republicans without naming the Republicans.

Not defending CNN, but Hannity and most other FOX hosts are boring me with their continuous hmmmm...
Charles Payne and Shannon Bream are about the only news host I can listen to for more than 5 minutes at a time.

+1

Posts: 4628 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
TERM LIMITS for all of these bastards both R and D's.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Burr requested an investigation into his own actions.

See what it turns up.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
Yes, let them respond to the allegations against them. And then assume they will always tell the truth?

Did you mean to say, “Let them respond to the allegations against them, then hang them”?.....

Not at all. I was merely referring to the quip, "How can you tell if a politician is lying? The answer: His (or her) lips are moving". I guess the pattern of many politicians being dishonest, getting caught, then presenting some convoluted denial in response, to distract/distort/confuse the people, has left me somewhat cynical. Adding to my cynicism is that too often their scheme works.

And it's not uncommon for politicians and the media to accuse innocent opponents of totally fabricated wrongdoing, to distract/distort/confuse the people. Politicians and the media also turn their allies mountains into molehills, and turn their opponents molehills into mountains.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
There are 2 tiers of Justice in the USA, The Clitons proved that.
My crystal ball, shows not a GD thing will happen to any of them.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
There are 2 tiers of Justice in the USA, The Clitons proved that....

That needs a repeat.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loeffler paying the price in polling for her shady stock dumps...

https://www.mediaite.com/news/...versial-stock-dumps/

Rep. Doug Collins (R-GA) has pulled ahead in a strong lead according to internal polling against Senator Kelly Loeffler (R-GA) in the Georgia all-party special election race by 23 points, 36% to 13%, released by a consulting firm which works for the Collins campaign.

The internal polling released on April 2 (via Politico) from the campaign consulting firm Battleground Connect (which was paid for by the Collins camp) shows that Collins leads Loeffler by 23 points.

#GASEN: Rep. Doug Collins leads Sen. Kelly Loeffler by 23 (!) points in the all party special election, according to an internal polling memo released by the Collins camp (via @politico)https://t.co/wYAhOKjFJY

— Josh Kraushaar (@HotlineJosh) April 6, 2020

As for gender in the polling data – Collins in more favorable with men and women in comparison to Loeffler.

The newly released polling further shows that Loeffler is behind the Democratic party DSCC-endorsed candidate Raphael Warnock by 1 point, 41-40%, with Collins leading the Democratic candidate by 13, 49-36%.

Collins strong polling in the race comes on the heels of Loeffler, denying any wrongdoing in trading and dumping stock ahead of the coronavirus pandemic in the latter part of March.

Loeffler, according to The Daily Beast‘s reporting, sold stock shares with her husband Jeffrey Sprecher (CEO of the New York Stock Exchange) worth between $1,275,000 and $3,100,000 between Jan. 24 and Feb. 14.

“On Feb. 14, she also purchased the Citrix stock and another $100,000 to $250,000 in technology company Oracle, which has seen its share price decline by more than 18 percent since then,” after a Senate Health Committee meeting regarding the coronavirus on Jan. 24th, according to the Beast.

Loeffler denies that she had any involvement in the sell-off or buying of stocks in her or her husband’s portfolio.

The 15 stocks that Loeffler sold have lost more than a third of their value, on average, since she reported offloading them.

The Loeffler campaign responded to an initial inquiry for comment but has not yet provided one.

UPDATE 10:00 PM EST: Press Secretary for Kelly Loeffler’s campaign, Caitlin O’Dea, responded to Mediaite and provided the following comment: “Senator Loeffler is continuing to build strong support around the state – not by playing politics – but by connecting with Georgians and delivering relief for those in need. That’s where her focus will continue to be.”

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
They're special.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like we have a mixture of Northern carpetbaggers and Southern scalawags. Things haven’t changed since Reconstruction.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
I've been saying for probably 20 years that we have a ruling class and those of us that pay for them. Disgusting!

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post