SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Senators Burr, Feinstein and Loeffler (and probably more) - dumped hotel stocks after private Coronavirus briefing
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Senators Burr, Feinstein and Loeffler (and probably more) - dumped hotel stocks after private Coronavirus briefing Login/Join 
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Feinstein also dumped Citibank just before the drop in 2008.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
Feinstein also dumped Citibank just before the drop in 2008.

Just another coincidence for her. Wink

I would like to see some info on Pelosi's backroom matters.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Now you know how these people all become millionaires. They are mostly all long term scumbags.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
Now you know how these people all become millionaires. They are mostly all long term scumbags.

And why they fight so hard in campaigns to keep those jobs!

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check their friends and family for timely financial moves.........

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Check their friends and family for timely financial moves.........

This would be the biggest tell.

Reality is, a lot of very smart investors began selling about that time period. Some earlier, some later. The investors the subject people of this thread have is also a tell regarding whom else they sold for.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Anything is possible, but let's hear what they say before sending for feathers, and boiling the tar, maybe?

Nah, that is far too logical. Besides, if they aren’t guilty of this, they must be guilty of something. Boil that tar! Wink

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:

Also, I'm not sure dumping stock to prevent losses qualifies as a "gain."

Isn't that exactly what Martha Stewart went to jail for?

Posts: 2292 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:

Also, I'm not sure dumping stock to prevent losses qualifies as a "gain."

Isn't that exactly what Martha Stewart went to jail for?

My understanding is that Stewart was provably guilty of insider trading, but she negotiated a guilty plea for lying to investigators (although she was not under oath at the time, and was not read her rights). Either way she was going to jail, this way was more efficient for both sides.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Anything is possible, but let's hear what they say before sending for feathers, and boiling the tar, maybe?

Nah, that is far too logical. Besides, if they aren’t guilty of this, they must be guilty of something. Boil that tar! Wink

Yes, let them respond to the allegations against them. And then assume they will always tell the truth?

Hillary claimed a couple of weeks ago she is the most accused innocent person ever. I believe her. Wink (Actually, I know a number of people in CA who really do believe Hillary has never broken any rules or laws involving politics).

posted Hide Post
So I just saw Cuomo cover this story on CNN. There was NO MENTION of Diane Feinstein. And they wonder why people think CNN is biased.

Posts: 1053 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
So I just saw Cuomo cover this story on CNN. There was NO MENTION of Diane Feinstein. And they wonder why people think CNN is biased.

Hannity said Diane Feinstein and 3 Republicans without naming the Republicans.

Not defending CNN, but Hannity and most other FOX hosts are boring me with their continuous hmmmm...
Charles Payne and Shannon Bream are about the only news host I can listen to for more than 5 minutes at a time.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Thread title needs to add Feinstein’s name.

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Don't you know? These people are Leets and as such are untouchable.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I don't like Feinstein at all. I believe she is incompetent at best, or more likely a sell-out to foreign interests (Remember the Chinese "driver/go-fer"?) and I don't know much about the other three, but I think we should put down the pitchforks just for the moment.

If I read the article correctly, only a portion of what is a broadly-invested portfolio was sold. If anyone with a high net worth, and Loeffler was one of those people before she ran for office, doesn't hire highly adept investment advisors to watch trends all day, every day, then they are not very smart people.

There may be illegal activity with any or all four of these people, but they are innocent until proven guilty, even if we don't like them.

If these Senators do have investments in blind trusts managed by 3rd parties, as Loeffler states, then I would expect that someone would have to produce communications like texts, emails, phone records, etc to prove that something they did was wrong.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

Not defending CNN, but Hannity and most other FOX hosts are boring me with their continuous hmmmm...

In fairness, he did say "3 Republicans". And Feinstein is one of the 2-3 most powerful Democrats in the Senate. And possibly the most infamous.

But I also agree with you on Bream and Payne. And I would add Bret Baier and Bill Hemmer to that list.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a nice mix of insider trading and having so much money you pay someone to manage it for you.

If you pay a broker a percentage of your money they will do everything in your best interest which is also in their best interest.

Posts: 5418 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:....There may be illegal activity with any or all four of these people, but they are innocent until proven guilty, even if we don't like them....

I agree. But the old adage, justice is a "process", not always an "end result". Seems increasingly politicians can be grossly guilty of illegalities, but somehow the system gives the a pass.

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
Yes, let them respond to the allegations against them. And then assume they will always tell the truth?

Did you mean to say, “Let them respond to the allegations against them, then hang them”?

Sadly, the truth is that if they have any significant amount of money, they ought to be using someone smart enough to move to a defensive position early, as TigerDore pointed out. While it might feel good in the short term to string them up, that old “Innocent until proven guilty” apporoach really does have its benefits...

quote:
Hillary claimed a couple of weeks ago she is the most accused innocent person ever. I believe her. Wink (Actually, I know a number of people in CA who really do believe Hillary has never broken any rules or laws involving politics).

I wonder if they truly believe that, or just think that because the end justifies the means, no Dim can do wrong?

I cannot wait until that woman is no longer mentioned.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Insider trading happens. People are corrupt.

What gets me on top of it is that it seems that their first priority upon hearing privileged info was to protect their riches rather than the populace they have a duty to protect.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post