SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question for K 9 officers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for K 9 officers Login/Join 
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
A handler in my old department had his finger bitten off by his 'partner.' In my experience, K9s don't know the difference in clothing. You can walk by a unit with a K9 in it all day long in a uniform, and they will bark at you each time like they want to eat you.

We don't have any K9s in my new agency, but I'm sure if we ever did, it would be for narcotics only. We can request other types from neighboring agencies when the need arises.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1175 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
I like watching those videos.

I don't.

I do like the Malinois and I like their handlers.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
“bite dogs”

PC name, criminal apprehension dog.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Depends?

We hang out with our k9 all the time, he pretty much recognizes us.

Two of us were fighting with a guy who had pulled a gun out of his pocket. Dog came right up and jumped between us to bite the guy.

After we all go down the dog backs off then you see on bodycam he grabs a boot then stops when he recognizes he grabbed the wrong boot.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
^^thats a good dog Chowser…I was at a K9 officers house fixing his sprinklers for him one day, when the dog who got me earlier in his career (the same story I told on page 1) somehow got out and tackled me and began nawing on me.

After I got all the blood off me, I told AJ I was done working with him because of his dog!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
“bite dogs”

PC name, criminal apprehension dog.

Another one of favorites is “attack” dogs. We have a retired handler that still narrates presentations, and puts on the bite suit. He always tells the crowd that “lions, bears and sharks attack. Canines apprehend”.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something in my county, many years ago... End of pursuit, suspect runs into building.

Deputy Gow: "Come out!"

Suspect: "Fuck you!"

Deputy Gow: "Come out, or I will release the dog!"

Suspect: "Fuck you and the dog!"

Deputy Gow: "Go get him, Remy."

Suspect: *screaming*

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post