SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What product to protect paint on a car kept outside?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What product to protect paint on a car kept outside? Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I keep hearing good things about ceramic coating. It even holds up on a jetski that sees salt water and Florida sun.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
I keep hearing good things about ceramic coating. It even holds up on a jetski that sees salt water and Florida sun.
n

I've heard nothing but great things about ceramic coatings (and manage yachts in saltwater) provided it is done correctly. The only downside is it does wear off several years later and you don't know until the paint starts showing it.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Ceramic coatings are a little more spendy than I'd prefer, and I don't see myself using a cover consistently. It's just too inconvenient.

I did spend a few hours today putting on Jet Seal and Butter Wet Wax from Chemical Guys. The Jeeps looks great. Time will tell how long it lasts.

Posts: 6064 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen cars with ceramic coatings as well but I'm driving a 12 year old Jeep. I "borrowed" some Rejex from my brother and it's actually doing a very good job. Easy to use. He does his bimmer every two months but I'm at four months and it's cold out and I don't have a garage, but it still seems to be working fine.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post