SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UV-cure "instant" epoxy - What a great product!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UV-cure "instant" epoxy - What a great product! Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
I bought some on a trial basis a while back. Mini kit with three types of epoxy (thin, thick and flexible) and a UV flashlight.

Kinda suspected it was smoke and mirrors, but that stuff really works! Put a little in the joint, hold things in place, zap it with the UV for a few seconds and PRESTO! Handier than a pocket on a shirt!

I see they make it in bulk for larger "pours" with a much more powerful UV light. A bit spendy to buy just to see how it works, but next time I want to do a water feature or something like that, I'll probably spring for it.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15271 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you have a link to the product you used?

Posts: 3931 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:

UV Epoxy on Amazon

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15271 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:

UV Epoxy on Amazon

Sweet. Thanks!

Posts: 3931 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I wonder if that's the same stuff the dentists use? I was curious why they zapped my tooth with a light after fixing a chip.

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I wonder if that's the same stuff the dentists use? I was curious why they zapped my tooth with a light after fixing a chip.

I went through this with my dentist recently, and it must be similar.
Some kind of material that hardens on exposure to UV light.
Kind of slick. I immediately thought of that "As Seen on TV" stuff.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
I've used it on a variety of materials and it has always held. Very convenient when you need a quick fix and super glue won't work.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile in the electronics industry there is an adhesive that releases when exposed to UV.

To each his own.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10938 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post