SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone affiliated with a cat rescue in Los Angeles?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone affiliated with a cat rescue in Los Angeles? Login/Join 
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted
We rescued a stray cat we’re trying to get into a permanent home. He needed medical attention, so we jumped in to help. He’s fine now and thriving. The problem is that our Belgian Malinois is cat aggressive.

I’ve found plenty of cat rescues, but none will take him. They’re full. I’m hoping someone here has the clout to get him in a shelter, or adopted.

Any thoughts? Thanks folks!

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
For many years I’ve contributed to “Friends of Cats” here in San Diego – a very fine organization. Special exercise facilities for physically impaired (e.g., missing limbs) cats.

There’s a phone number in the link below. They likely could recommend a good organization in LA. They close at 4PM I believe.

https://www.friendsofcats.org/

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8958 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I've no connections to LA but what you are doing is a good thing.
And Mama Kiki approves. She was a feral stray I captured w/ her little ones during her second litter on our property.
A year+ later I can hardly remove her from my lap, she greets me at the door, and I often can't get away from her attentions.

Sorry your puppy and kitty don't get along.
https://imgur.com/a/DknICeZ

Posts: 7358 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Still working on getting this little guy a home. Friends of Cats looks promising. If we have to, we'll drive him down there if they'll take care of him.

I'll update as things unfold.

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine runs a cat rescue in LA. You might want to give them a call.

https://www.facebook.com/KittCrusaders

"Evil can never be dead enough" Brevard County, Fla., sheriff Wayne Ivey

Posts: 83 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: April 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Will do! Thanks!

Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
UPDATE: The little guy was adopted! I posted on a board to match folks looking to adopt a pet. Nice kid. She’s a grad student. I’m slightly concerned because she has a cat already (she wanted two to keep each other company). I’m hoping the socialization goes well. She seem pretty on top of it. We’ll see.

This experience has taught me it’s really difficult to rehome a cat. Also, I’m not sure how legitimate some of these so called rescues are. One place said they’d take them for a payment of $2,500.

The dog rescue we work with takes any dog no questions asked. They can because they have a robust fund raising campaign.

Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
UPDATE: The little guy was adopted! I posted on a board to match folks looking to adopt a pet. Nice kid. She’s a grad student. I’m slightly concerned because she has a cat already (she wanted two to keep each other company). I’m hoping the socialization goes well. She seems pretty on top of it. We’ll see.

This experience has taught me it’s really difficult to rehome a cat. Also, I’m not sure how legitimate some of these so called rescues are. One place said they’d take them for a payment of $2,500.

The dog rescue we work with takes any dog no questions asked. They can because they have a robust fund raising campaign.