SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ear bud hearing protection recommendations.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ear bud hearing protection recommendations. Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
Looking for some good AirPod style hearing protection. Wouldn’t mind if it had Bluetooth. I like the idea of a case that charges them up.

I think Walker game ear has something. Also saw a company called axil that has an offering. What do you guys use and recommend?

Main use would be Ear pro for shooting but if it performs as phone/music buds, even better!

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7963 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I really like my SoundGear Phantom model but they are expensive, $1,400. Custom molded, Bluetooth, rechargeable with charging case. One big thing I like is they lower the volume of the gunshots without cutting out completely. Many of the people I shoot with use some model of SoundGear. The Bluetooth is not as good as Apple AirPods of course but pretty good. I wouldn’t use them as primary music earbuds.

They are also made by the Starkey hearing aid company. I had my molds done at an audiologist and used my insurance flex pay to pay.

Otherwise based on others I’ve talked too, I’d go with the Walkers.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8346 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Plugfones.

Posts: 11508 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Otto NoizeBarrier Micros

Posts: 4128 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I will check all of these out. Thanks. I should have mentioned that I was hoping to keep the price under $200-300.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7963 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I've got some Caldwell E-Max Shadow Pro buds that work pretty well for shooting. They have a mode where you can hear amplified external noise while suppressing loud noise, or you can turn that off. The bluetooth sound is very good.

I don't think they protect well enough for concerts, though, so I still use foam earplugs for concerts.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6064 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried these? Price point is attractive.

https://goaxil.com/

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2366 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't tried them yet, but isotunes are well reviewed as a brand & in your price range.

Posts: 3298 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:
I haven't tried them yet, but isotunes are well reviewed as a brand & in your price range.

I bought Isotunes based on recommendations on a woodworking website. They hit the trash after a few months. That’s where they belong.

Posts: 8962 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has anyone tried these? Price point is attractive.

https://goaxil.com/

I have both the Axil and the Ottos.
The Ottos give better hearing protection, the Axils are better for listening to stuff.

In my opinion--and I'm not a hotshot or big time shooter--I worry about the in-ear protection coming out at the worst possible time.
So I bought myself a new pair of Sordin's best: The Supreme Pro SFA's. They have a removable ring that increases noise reduction by 5 db, about as much as adding foam plugs to regular hearing protection. They work great for me; they're comfortable enough; and I know they won't pop out of my ears.

Posts: 18089 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post