SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Having an issue with Bluetooth on IPhone 7 Plus
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Having an issue with Bluetooth on IPhone 7 Plus Login/Join 
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted
I should have never taken advantage of the free upgrade Verizon offered on the IPhone 7. It has a mind of its own.

I'm having an issue with it connecting to a JVC KW-V120BT head unit in my car.

It worked fine for a few months but now the phone says it cant connect to the JVC. I tried resetting the network setting with no luck. I then restored the phone to factory settings and it worked with the JVC for ONE day.

I updated the JVC firmware.

I've been able to connect to the JVC with an IPhone 6S Plus and a 5C with excellent reliability so I know it isn't the JVC.

Anything else I can try?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
There are a few suggestions here at iPhone Hacks.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd google "jvc bluetooth not working with iPhone 7." I found several articles that may help. I have an iPhone 7 and regularly use it to connect to things without problems. Sometimes you need to forget a connection if it becomes problematic, but that's not the iPhone's issue necessarily. I've had those issues pop up on Android too.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I'm not clear from your post, but is it paired and not connecting, or did you lose pairing?

Delete the JVC from the phone (forget this device), and make sure you delete all phones from the JVC. Then pair again and go from there.

Any time you have pairing or connecting issues, make sure to clear both devices. Sometimes this is necessary after iOS updates. One or both devices still think it is paired, so it won't pair again. Or it is paired, but with some issue caused by the firmware change and it won't connect.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
I'm not clear from your post, but is it paired and not connecting, or did you lose pairing?

Delete the JVC from the phone (forget this device), and make sure you delete all phones from the JVC. Then pair again and go from there.

Any time you have pairing or connecting issues, make sure to clear both devices. Sometimes this is necessary after iOS updates. One or both devices still think it is paired, so it won't pair again. Or it is paired, but with some issue caused by the firmware change and it won't connect.

It won't pair at all.

Things I've tried:

1. Forget the device on the phone
2. Forget the phone on the device
3. Updated Iphone IOS
4. Updated JVC firmware
5. Restored IPhone to factory (this worked for one day)
6. Reset network settings on the phone

I should add I have several Bluetooth devices I use daily with the phone so I don't think its the phones Bluetooth radio.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Just to be clear, you did forget the JVC from the phone AND clear the phone from the JVC? Both things done before you tried to pair again?

Also, you don't have any of those other devices you use with the phone on or connected while trying to pair with the JVC?

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
Just to be clear, you did forget the JVC from the phone AND clear the phone from the JVC? Both things done before you tried to pair again? yes

Also, you don't have any of those other devices you use with the phone on or connected while trying to pair with the JVC? no

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Have you confirmed that you can currently connect to the JVC with other phones and they work properly? You said you have connected and used other phones, but I'm not clear on the timing of that.

If you reset network settings on the phone, will it pair and connect again? You said it worked for one day; have you duplicated that experience? If so, try that and avoid any other BT devices for a few days and see what happens. Maybe one of the other devices is somehow causing a change in settings in the phone.

Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
Have you confirmed that you can currently connect to the JVC with other phones and they work properly? Yes. With two IPhones and an Android device. You said you have connected and used other phones, but I'm not clear on the timing of that. They connect and work while my IPhone 7 wont.

If you reset network settings on the phone, will it pair and connect again? Not after a network settings reset. Only after a complete phone reset

You said it worked for one day; have you duplicated that experience? Twice. Both times it worked for just a day.

If so, try that and avoid any other BT devices for a few days and see what happens. Maybe one of the other devices is somehow causing a change in settings in the phone.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ