SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can we talk about roofing for a bit?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can we talk about roofing for a bit? Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Each time we've had roofing done, was complete removal and replacement, along with all underlayment, valleys, caps, vents etc.

We are about to have this done due to hail damage, the approved claim by State Farm seemed like a HUGE number. $48K for about 64 squares, but does include all new aluminum gutters, a door overhang that's $1K, etc.

Looked back at receipt from prior owners doing this at sale in 2017 - That showed 90 squares and $12K. Have prices really gone up that much in 7 years? That is just an amazing swing. Different company did the work in 2017 than will be now, but that's not going to affect the SF claim amount.

quote:
Originally posted by mac_220:
From my own experience, investing in a quality roofing job is worth it in the end. I had to replace my roof a few years back.

It's always interesting when new-ish folks find a year old thread on a random subject. How does that work? And in this case it's not even that - mac is from 2014 with 49 posts.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12641 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I’ve done once or twice by not having the wifi enabled on the device I was using. The browser pulled up a cached page from years ago, I clicked an interesting thread only to find the wifi was not on. Turn on the wifi, click the thread again, and reply without realizing how old the thread really was.

Posts: 11544 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post