SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I need a heart monitoring Android smart watch
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need a heart monitoring Android smart watch Login/Join 
come and take it
posted Hide Post
The most advanced Garmin as far as heart rate right now is the Venu 2 plus. It has a 5th generation heart rate sensor (the hardware part). The software portion has been thru FDA testing and contains of the ECG app that can detect AFib, among other monitoring. I'm sure there are some more features.

The Epix Pro and Fenix Pro were released in June and have the same 5th gen heart rate sensor. It's expected that they are going thru the FDA testing now. When it is approved they can activate the ECG app thru a software update.

I have a new Epix Pro. Yesterday I connected a Dexcom 6 wearable glucose monitor to my phone and it forwards info to the watch. Updates every 5 minutes. Pretty interesting technology.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1892 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the updates, everyone. I have been using the Galaxy 3 and it has served me well.

I keep up with this thread, however, as some day it will need to be replaced.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12784 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post