SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Surgeon General issues Advisory on Firearm Violence
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Surgeon General issues Advisory on Firearm Violence Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted
How about obesity? Eh, asshole. Can we do that one first? Dickhead.

https://x.com/Surgeon_General/.../1805555386247954664

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30862 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Gun grabbing commies at it again. Surgeon General office, another useless government bureaucracy that needs to be cut.

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

Pure desperation.

"They" are losing public opinion on everything else, including the horrible economy, the border/ illegal invaders, crime, LGBTQ bullshit, pro Hamas/Palestine, etc. etc. Grasping at straws on gun control and abortion, two issues that will not make a dent in the upcoming election.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17128 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Yeah that smacks of desperation.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7847 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Firearm Violence?

being at about 0:25
"... all of whom were robbed of their physical and mental health by senseless ACTS of violence"

Does this Surgeon General even understand his own words?
Does he not know what an act is?
Does he not know that inanimate objects cannot commit acts of any kind?

Once again, there is NO SUCH THING as Firearm Violence!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24554 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
How about obesity? (snip) Can we do that one first?

Exactly. That actually has to do with an individual's health.

God bless America.

Posts: 13826 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Illegal drugs are killing way more people than guns.
But they don't care about that. All that matters is their leftist agenda.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16628 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
If I remember correctly, medical mishaps kill more people than so-called gun violence.

Posts: 27150 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Are automobiles also a public health crisis?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16826 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I'm very disappointed in the general. I thought he'd issue an advisory on each of the diseases currently being spread by invaders, you know, malaria, polio, measles, scabies, chicken pox...

Razz Ha, just kidding, I never thought he'd say that.

Posts: 6489 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I noticed he included incidents where people used firearms for self-defense in his statistics.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9361 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That dipshit has been on an anti-gun crusade ever since he first hit the public scene during the Obama administration.
At age-36, he actively campaigned to be Surgeon General to Obama.

Posts: 15030 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I feel like I am in a Peanuts cartoon. I hear words but don't really care or understand what he is saying.

Posts: 1368 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
The graph shows 1-19 as "children". Is that normally what is considered in these statistics? I would think children is newborn to 18.

JC

Posts: 1302 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The problem is, we have the wrong person in office as Surgeon General.

It should have been Dr. Jill Biden, who is well qualified.

"she’s a hell of a doctor. She’s an amazing doctor"
-- Whoopi Goldberg, on "The View," March 4, 2020

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I see. So the fed is going to step up their game to combat inner city violence where the vast amount of “gun violence” occurs? Didn’t think so. Fuck off, commie.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15780 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Are automobiles also a public health crisis?

You beat me to it!!! Or, how about drunk drivers? How many people do they kill or cripple for life?!!?!?!?!

Our daughter was severely injured when a drunk driver crossed the center line and hit her head on. That was nearly 45 years ago. 3 major operations and a life of pain and suffering. What was done about it? NOTHING! The judge was a confirmed drunk driver himself and a buddy of the driver who dang near killed our daughter.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Well I’ve issued an advisory on the mentally I’ll surgeon general who has no clue that he’s a man no matter how much makeup he smears on.

That’s the tragedy that we should be addressing - faggots, fairies and queers pose a greater threat to the society than a few guns.

Posts: 53750 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Yeah sure.

What about mental health care? Won’t mention that. What about diseases, drugs and the violence coming across our Southern border? Won’t mention that.

What about the three now arrested in the connection with the death Saturday night of an Oakland County Deputy? Nope,won’t mention that.

Also, unrelated but still related. WWJ radio in Detroit started up about the new gun safe storage law in Michigan. The news media CANNOT even get their story straight. One of the comments made today was regarding how safe storage might have kept the Oxford H.S. Shootings from happening.

Only problem with that, it was revealed in Ethan Crumbley’s trial that the gun WAS locked up BUT NEITHER parent changed the factory default combination. This was stated by one of the investigators but was pretty much stifled by all the news media.

So much for taking precautions.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8350 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
I'm very disappointed in the general.

He's not a general, just fucking doctor who abandoned his practice to become a politician.

Medicine used to be a calling, now its a business or a stepping stone.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20385 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post