SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Surgeon General issues Advisory on Firearm Violence
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Surgeon General issues Advisory on Firearm Violence Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Lets see... Vehicle crashes of all types, obesity, Fentanyl and Cancer/Heart Disease.
Those are all good, right "General"? Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16363 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Guess knives don’t count as violence either.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8350 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Seriously, what's the basis of any alleged violence? Fix that. Guns are not the basis for violence. Their existence doesn't cause or trigger violence. Something causes violence to happen and guns are just perhaps used incidentally.

Causal relationship. Cause and effect. You'd think a person with a doctorate would understand this concept.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13069 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
And how many of us did not see that coming?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1895 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Go to the link to follow the thread.

https://x.com/gunfacts/status/1805679563529404540

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30862 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15780 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
The graph shows 1-19 as "children". Is that normally what is considered in these statistics? I would think children is newborn to 18.

I've seen up to age 23 being called a child!

They do this because there are so many criminals in the older part of the age range who die in crime related activities. That is, they bring their own demise upon themselves. They're drug dealers, gang bangers, etc.

Posts: 9709 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
The graph shows 1-19 as "children". Is that normally what is considered in these statistics? I would think children is newborn to 18.

I guess I missed the part about children enlisting in the military. I enlisted at 17. As I recall I arrived in Germany as a member of the 3Armored Division a couple weeks after my 18th birthday.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a ploy to get more funding.

I'm gonna laugh when they determine that just a few dozen zip codes cause the majority of gun violence/deaths. Which will trigger more funding for environment justice programs for the unusually high lead content in the community, brick walls, sidewalks, and soft tissue of young men of color.

P229

Posts: 3940 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
"The graph shows 1-19 as "children".

children, lance corporal, children, voter, children, cross country truck driver, children, legally married, children, earning a living

You will please ignore the good sense God gave you, these things are all the same.

Posts: 6489 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
The country learned—or those with sense learned—not to pay attention to the public health “elite” in this country, outside of their very narrow real expertise. And even then, public policy decisions should not be made by the public health crowd, but by elected officials with a broader view of risks and benefits, and with advice from a much broader range of expertise.
Public health institutions have lost all credibility, even among those in the health community who have to deal with the effects of their terrible, tyrannical policies.

Posts: 18335 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Im hoping the first things that happen in January is the abolishing of useless government agencies.

Most certainly the SG is a position that can be aborted along with several dozen entire agencies.

The only real way to reduce the size of government is to actually fire a few hundred thousand civil servants - most of whom are neither civil nor serving.

I hope president trump does what Lincoln did and that’s fire 75% of all government employees.

Posts: 53750 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I saw a statistic the other day sayin roughly 48,000 people died from firearms.
It also mentioned over 900,000 abortions. With out getting into the nitty gritty of firearms deaths the real crisis is abortions.

Trump cant be president fast enough.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3924 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Guess knives don’t count as violence either.

That's next (already at play in the UK).

Of course about a third of the "violence" attributed to firearms are suicides, but when the state lawfully aids and abets suicide ("Euthanasia"), is it not then labeled as violence? What about suicide committed by other means, ie: hanging, suffocation, poison, trauma caused by falls, motor vehicle crashes, etc...? Are these considered "Non-violent" deaths?

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10255 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post