SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Proud of my niece-cool photo with "Mike the Tiger"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Proud of my niece-cool photo with "Mike the Tiger" Login/Join 
Smarter than the
average bear
posted
My niece just graduated from LSU Veterinary School, and she had the honor and privilege of being one of Mike's caretakers for the last two years. For those that don't know, LSU has a live bengal tiger named Mike as a mascot. My niece worked her butt off to get into vet school, and through vet school, and I'm extremely proud of her hard work and success. And you can clearly see the bond in this photo--very cool!

Posts: 3441 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the niece and a cool picture... " Go Tigers". .... Have a cousin who is a LSU Vet School grad that upon graduation joined the US Army and 20+ years later retireing as a "Lt Colonel" spending most of his career while serving across the pond in several European countries. ............................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2028 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Very cool, congrats and Geaux Tigers!

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Good for her and you! Here's hoping she has a long and fruitful life.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29734 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Sweet kitty!

That is really neat. Good on her. Sounds like she is headed for a super successful life.

Side note. Our local vet office has three women vets. We have lost three of our beloved pets this year. All were cared for by one of our female vets and their staff. In each instance the vets were incredibly sensitive and loving. Even crying with us at times. They will have a special place in heaven in my opinion.

Please convey that many are proud and thankful for her choice to be a vet. Wish her the very best.

Thank you for sharing her story.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19251 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to your niece!

I like that photo!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9003 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She will make a great vet! She’s got no fear of the big cat…my heart skipped a beat when I saw how close they are. The cats whiskers look like porcupine quills. That is a beast’ huge.

Posts: 5769 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats to your niece!

Thank you sharing her story and photo (very wise of her to have her fingers flat against the fencing)!

Posts: 3496 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!!! That’s great Louis

Posts: 13022 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to the new animal doc. I'm always amazed at the vets. Training to deal with just one animal (human) is difficult enough. How the heck do you vets manage all the different animals?

Q

Posts: 26500 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Be proud. No easy feat getting into let alone graduating veterinary school. We know she is very intelligent. She must be equally compassionate. Raised that one right! Congratulations to your family. Btw, Mike looks like he will miss her. Geaux Tigers Wink

Posts: 13819 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
That is a very cool picture. Congratulations to your niece.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Congrats to your niece!

Archerman

Posts: 2488 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That’s a great photo. Congrats. Smile

Posts: 17219 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoboV
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to your niece! Graduating from veterinary school is a great accomplishment.

Very nice photo!

"Lion Heart is all heart, Smarty Jones is all out!!!"

Posts: 621 | Location: Destrehan, La. U.S. | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to her.

Posts: 5310 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Great picture.

Posts: 12475 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 5699 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Awesome. Congratulations. "Mikey, he'll eat anything"

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3768 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Congratulations to the new animal doc. I'm always amazed at the vets. Training to deal with just one animal (human) is difficult enough. How the heck do you vets manage all the different animals?

Bourbon, usually.

Congrats to your niece, OP, that is a tremendous accomplishment!! Great pic too!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post