SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The term “Red Blanket” meanings
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The term “Red Blanket” meanings Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7m8ie9

16:05 in the episode. The actual line is "She'll probably wait 'till she gets home, then bust out ballin' like crazy. She'll be a real red blanket case."

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
Thank you sns3guppy.

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The episode you saw is The Late Edition, per Me.tv's schedule for today, July 9. The reason you and I aere having this lovely exchange is because it is simply not believable that the term "red blanket" would be in a TV show so naively innocent as Leave It To Beaver. You're imagining things.

Posts: 109160 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I listened to it twice. It sounds like that is what he says.

I apologize for hitting you so hard on this, but what you were claiming didn't sound right.

Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
Ok..I’m good to go?

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The episode of Adam 12 appears to be Season 4, Episode 19, entitled "Mary Hong Loves Tommy Chen."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0505363/

There is a note on the imdb page, referencing the term "red blanket," which states

quote:
Did You Know?

Trivia
When EMTs pick up the injured officer at the beginning of the episode, they refer to him as a "red blanket " case. Red blanket treatment' of patients has historical roots in pre-WWII emergency medicine practice: a red blanket was placed over a patient triaged as needing rapid transfer to a place of higher-level treatment and attention.

New to me. I'm a former EMT/firefighter, ran on an ambulance and all that. I never heard the term before. When the original poster mentioned it, I thought may be it was a reference to the Jack Nicholson thing, "code red," or something along those lines. I wasn't even close.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimg1960:
Ok..I’m good to go?
Yes, Jim, you're fine and, once again, I apologize.

To compenate for this to at least a degree, I am offering you a CUT. A CUT is a Custom User Title. This replaces the word "Member" below your name on the left side of the screen. You may have the CUT of your choosing if you wish. It's only fair.

An example of a CUT is my "Peace through superior firepower". You may have whatever yu wish.

Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
I would like that. Can I think about it before I choose?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sure, just let me know.

Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
Thank you

posted Hide Post
I watched the episode and found it. Season 6, episode 4, about 18 minutes in. Beav went out to get the paperboy to talk to Ward. The kid wouldn't stop, so Beav tackled him and they wrestled around. Turns out the paperboy was a girl.
Beav was telling Wally about it...Wally said she go home and cry to her parents "You know what crybaby's girls are..." and Beav says, "Oh, she didn't cry". Wally says, "Those are the worst kind, she'll go home, start balling like crasy, she could be a real Red Blanket Case".

I googled the term, I got nothing.

Posts: 161 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry. they beat me to it...I was watching the episode.
Man, is it dated.

Posts: 161 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
In the last day or two saw the "adam 12" episode with the ambulance driver called out about the patient as "red blanket". Didn"t understand but now it makes sense. ......... Love watching
those old episodes with the car chases and when the bad guy starts to run away how fast they stop running hen they are confronted by Reed/and or/Malloy.........................drill sgt.

Posts: 2089 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seriously, I learn something new here almost every day. Navy never mentioned that in 1978 Hospital Corps School or Field Medical School when talking triage, makes sense to me.

Posts: 3405 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post