SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Boat trailer question..figured it out..pics
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boat trailer question..figured it out..pics Login/Join 
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted

What does the pin (red arrow pointing at) do? I can't seem to figure out if it allows it to tilt or fold somehow. Anyone have better pics or vid of what/how this works? Thx

This message has been edited. Last edited by: coloradohunter44,

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10911 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My first thought was an extending tongue like on a sailboat trailer.
Have to tried pulling it & seeing what happens?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15364 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pull the pin so you can fold the tongue back and close the garage door. Makes the overall length shorter for storage.

Posts: 438 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Pull the pin and throw the trailer at the enemy?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43912 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
It's a 6 hour drive to go see this outfit. I'd love to just reach out and touch it. I just thought someone had a similar/same thing to show how it works. Thx folks. Thx Monkey, I'll keep that in mind. The trailer is made by Tebben, but I didn't find anything useful to show me on their website.

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10911 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe123:
Pull the pin so you can fold the tongue back and close the garage door. Makes the overall length shorter for storage.

This.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doesn't look like that one folds.. seems to be removable.

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
There’s no pivot in the picture, so it’s not a swing away tongue. My guess would have been it’s a reverse lockout for hydraulic surge brakes so you can back the trailer up except the hitch doesn’t look like a surge hitch.

I’ll go with P250UA5 and say it allows for some length adjustment of the trailer to fit different boats.

Posts: 10995 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Maybe "leg" swings down, recessed in the channel?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43912 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Doesn't look like that one folds.. seems to be removable.

I'm guessing. The ones that fold usually have a pin on the side, then they can swing.

FBLM LGB!

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
There’s still no pivot in the picture. The two bolts on the right look like the ones for the bow roller and winch mount. There’ll be a couple more of those not in the picture and all of those bolts would interfere with any sort of vertical movement of the tongue if there were a pivot not in the picture.

It could be something as simple as there was a hole and the guy is using it to store his hitch pin when not in use.

Posts: 10995 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I agree with trapper 189.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I think it allows it to slide back to that second hole with the wires or something sticking out, allowing you to lengthen or shorten the tongue.
A photo from a longer distance might help.
Another possibility, some trailers have a surge brake and it needs to be disabled by locking in place to back up an incline so the brakes don't try to stop it.

Posts: 9534 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Possibly lock the hitch while backing up

My neighbor has an insert that needs to go in place so he can back up. He didn’t know and dropped the tongue on the ground one night

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6236 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Possibly just a hole someone threw a pin in

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6489 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did we have our first successful stump the forum winner? I know it been a whopping 6 hours, anyone else willing to call it Big Grin

Posts: 5426 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My guess is a spare stuck in a hole that was convenient.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tongue piercing is all the rage these days,
It's decoration.

Looks like a goth trailer, so yeah , decoration.

It probably has chains dangling on it ,elsewhere.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54681 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
My guess is a spare stuck in a hole that was convenient.
That's what it looks like to me, too. I see no hinge. Nor do I see any kind of slip fit.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
What's the purpose of the wire and the other hole if front of the pin? Sarcassam intended. Smile

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2093 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post