SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Had to let my "beautiful girl" go today. Dog related.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Had to let my "beautiful girl" go today. Dog related. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys for your kind post's and sharing your thoughts about your wonderful family members. It was very nice to hear about them.
All of the moments with her were special. I know they are for all of us.
Give yours a special pat, kiss, treat, smile today from us.
Thanks guys. Appreciated more than you know.
Have a great day with your buddies and girl's.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Our hearts are with you during this sad time.

Thank you for having the courage to be a loving, kind and responsible caregiver to your dogs.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
17 years, that's a hell of a run. Sure doesn't make it any easier though. Someone wiser than me once said a dog is a small part of your life, but you're all of a dog's life. Hopefully you can find some small comfort knowing you made that life a good one.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. They are family.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8513 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.
My Zeus crossed on Dec 1. Maybe they will get to play a while.

Posts: 1892 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss Frown

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1520 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear. I've got a few keeping her company till we all meet again.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss ORC, it is never easy to lose a loyal member of one’s family. No matter how difficult your day was, as soon as you open that door and are greeted by your companion, it always makes your problems of the day just disappear. Thoughts and prayers going up to help with your loss.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. We lost our lab two years ago he was 15 years old. I think of him every day. Don’t know if I will ever replace him.

Posts: 40 | Location: Southwestern Ohio | Registered: September 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
So sorry, I know how heartbreaking that is. Been there too many times. At least you were with her, and she knew she was loved.

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
So very sorry......

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss, we lost Sophie very unexpectedly back in October at 8 yrs old. I miss her every day.

Posts: 2336 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
I was sent a video today dealing with this situation. We've all been through it many times, and the last time was just as hard as the first.

https://mvotd.com/dealing-with...6b&mc_eid=52ae071314

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss

Posts: 435 | Location: rocky river ohio | Registered: February 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Man, I hate to hear about your pup. Condolences…

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Bandit and I send our condolences.

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post