SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tempered glass phone screen protectors. What brand(s) do we like?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tempered glass phone screen protectors. What brand(s) do we like? Login/Join 
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
intelliarmor pro.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2282 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:
I’ve had good luck with Zagg. Best Buy will match Amazon price and install for free. Although last one I had the Apple Store put theirs on, works very well. For cases I like Otterbox Symmetry.

Zagg can burn in hell. See my post in the rant section. Phone fell less than a foot with their "protector" and shattered worse than when I've cracked them with no screen protection.

The screen protector isn’t to keep it from shattering when dropped, it’s to protect from scratches and the like. Any glass screen can shatter when it hits the wrong way. Sounds like your rant should be against the phone itself. I’ll stand by Zagg as I’ve had good luck with them and yes, I have dropped my I-phone and my screen has never scratched or shattered.

Agreed. If you want drop proof you chose the wrong product type, not manufacturer.

I wish apple would come out with a durable product.

My previous phone was a casio G shock milspec phone from Verizon. It had a gorilla glass screen that needed no protection, was waterproof to 33' and that thing took a BEATING including submerged in water and dropped 100 times and never once failed....... It did a software update on Thanksgiving 2016 and started locking up every 5 minutes and I got pissed and bought an IPhone 7, when it most likely was an app interfering with the software update...... I had the previous version of this and you could not kill it

https://www.verizonwireless.co...ocera-duraforce-pro/

The iPhone 7 is the strongest most durable iPhone they every built. Thing is a tank. Watch some of the drop tests. It outlasted most of the competition.

Then why do I have an apple battery case and a screen protector on it?

Look at the link of the phone I posted. You could punch the screen with your knuckle, no need for a case and completely waterproof to over 33'.

Well the smart battery case is awesome, mine had my phone at 100% basically 95% of the time. I wish they made one for the x. As for a screen protector I have no idea. I had the 7 for a year without one and no scratches or cracks. Maybe you just have butter fingers?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I like the Sparin brand glass screen protectors. Their coating is the smoothest of the ones I’ve used.

Price is right on Amazon, for the iPhone they include a frame to get correct placement. Also have them on my iPads as well.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11228 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
I want the thinnest one I can find. I use the iCarez 0.2mm glass screen protector. I'll keep usimg them as long as they are around. I've been forgetful and stuck screwdrivers, wrenches, needle nose, ect in my back pocket while working on cars, not thinking that my phone was there. The iCarez saved my screen a couple times. I don't drop my phone so that isn't a worry.

Posts: 8276 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Just recently cracked my iPhone 7 screen. I had a cheap (two for $12) tempered glass protector on it.
Apple gave me a new phone for the price of the screen repair ($140) which was great.

I've since put a premium protector on the new phone. My selection was Tech21 Evo Glass link
That's what T-Mobile guy suggested and he put it on for no cost and said it had lifetime warranty.
Pricy at around $40, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I purchased a Zagg screen protector for my iPhone 7 Plus about six months ago for $25. It has been broken for the last five months. I haven’t used their lifetime warranty because it apparently is a scam.
http://www.ripoffreport.com/re...item-internet-724805

Posts: 3248 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like MaxBoost; great application setup.

But they all chip or crack eventually, so I signed up for emails from XtremeGuard and buy when they have 80-90% off sales. That tells you the markup on those $30-40 ones at the mall, Best Buy, or the phone carrier.

Posts: 559 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Great info all 'round, thanks to all. We went with the Otterbox and Linboll tempered glass SP's.

It appears that if you go with these off the main path phones the protection options are severely limited by comparison to the iPhone and Galaxy type offerings.

Posts: 7410 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just use a generic glass screen protector.

I'm just concerned about scratches on the screen.

I cannot see how a glass screen protector can protect against drops.

Posts: 925 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post