SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tempered glass phone screen protectors. What brand(s) do we like?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tempered glass phone screen protectors. What brand(s) do we like? Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted
My wife and I just bought new phones - looking for cases and screen protection.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7409 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I’ve had good luck with Zagg. Best Buy will match Amazon price and install for free. Although last one I had the Apple Store put theirs on, works very well. For cases I like Otterbox Symmetry.

Posts: 2352 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:
I’ve had good luck with Zagg. Best Buy will match Amazon price and install for free. Although last one I had the Apple Store put theirs on, works very well. For cases I like Otterbox Symmetry.

Zagg can burn in hell. See my post in the rant section. Phone fell less than a foot with their "protector" and shattered worse than when I've cracked them with no screen protection.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Yeah we were looking at the Symmetry pretty hard. Due to some failures and a new job, we had to buy something quick, so we bought cheap LG phones at Cricket Wireless. Harmony/K20's. Not exactly popular, but not too awfully rare. I knew it would make case and protector shopping a little more limited.

Posts: 7409 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I have had two iPhone 6's for about 1.5 years (one business one personal) with tempered glass screen protectors.

I definitely prefer this Spigen slim out of the two.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23690 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We use skinomi on everything we have and couldn't be happier with them. They protect whatever screen they are on, don't cost too much, and go on easily. They offer plastic and glass protection but we have only used the glass.

Posts: 2018 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe I have Zagg on my iPhone 7 and dropped it the other day and a chip came out of the side of the screen protector, however the screen is ok. I'll have to look as I believe they have a lifetime warranty.

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
I’ve always had good luck with tech armor. I’ve broken several, both on phones and iPads, and they’ve always done what they’re designed to do.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Been using spigen for awhile too. All my iphones and android phones have them.

Stay clear of any that are not clear. I had one for my oneplus 3 which had black borders at the top and bottom. When I went to remove it, the adhesive wouldn’t come off where the parts were black. I had to take a razor blade to remove those parts. Don’t cheap out like I did.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8173 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:

Zagg can burn in hell. See my post in the rant section. Phone fell less than a foot with their "protector" and shattered worse than when I've cracked them with no screen protection.

The screen protector isn’t to keep it from shattering when dropped, it’s to protect from scratches and the like. Any glass screen can shatter when it hits the wrong way. Sounds like your rant should be against the phone itself. I’ll stand by Zagg as I’ve had good luck with them and yes, I have dropped my I-phone and my screen has never scratched or shattered.

Posts: 2352 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
My current phone was the first time I used a 'wet applied screen protector. Mostly because it is an S7 Edge and I had to bend the screen protector. I really like how it feels.

It is an armorsuit shield.

https://www.armorsuit.com

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4797 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

The screen protector isn’t to keep it from shattering when dropped, it’s to protect from scratches and the like. Any glass screen can shatter when it hits the wrong way. Sounds like your rant should be against the phone itself. I’ll stand by Zagg as I’ve had good luck with them and yes, I have dropped my I-phone and my screen has never scratched or shattered.

Agreed. If you want drop proof you chose the wrong product type, not manufacturer.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Agreed. If you want drop proof you chose the wrong product type, not manufacturer.

I wish apple would come out with a durable product.

My previous phone was a casio G shock milspec phone from Verizon. It had a gorilla glass screen that needed no protection, was waterproof to 33' and that thing took a BEATING including submerged in water and dropped 100 times and never once failed....... It did a software update on Thanksgiving 2016 and started locking up every 5 minutes and I got pissed and bought an IPhone 7, when it most likely was an app interfering with the software update...... I had the previous version of this and you could not kill it

https://www.verizonwireless.co...ocera-duraforce-pro/

posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with BodyGuardz for the screen protector.

For protecting the phone itself, Speck is what I trust.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

The screen protector isn’t to keep it from shattering when dropped, it’s to protect from scratches and the like.

Oh really? Maybe I shouldn't take their claims literally? The second selling point on their webpage (only second to the extreme environments they were designed for, and BEFORE anything about scratch protection), is how the protector is "designed to absorb and distribute the shock of an impact, keeping your screen intact and giving you the freedom to live fearlessly." With a picture of a Blackhawk (?) military helicopter..... Just don't drop your phone 6-8" out of your Blackhawk helo onto a tile sitting one an area rug, then you'd be in trouble.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the Supcase Unicorn Beetle line. Had one on a Samsung S5 for 3-1/3 years. Did everything but throw it down a flight of stairs. Phone was still perfect when I upgraded to an S8 on Black Friday.

Just put another Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro on the new phone. These go for $12.99 on Amazon!

You have to purchase the Supcase glass screen protector separately (about $9).

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1232 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
...Blackhawk (?) military helicopter....

Googling, I think it's actually a Caracal. Anyone confirm?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16956 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I really like these cause they come with an installer so it’s flawless installation every time. And for $10 you get 3 of them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d...ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

My previous phone was a casio G shock milspec phone from Verizon. It had a gorilla glass screen that needed no protection, was waterproof to 33' and that thing took a BEATING including submerged in water and dropped 100 times and never once failed....... It did a software update on Thanksgiving 2016 and started locking up every 5 minutes and I got pissed and bought an IPhone 7, when it most likely was an app interfering with the software update...... I had the previous version of this and you could not kill it

The iPhone 7 is the strongest most durable iPhone they every built. Thing is a tank. Watch some of the drop tests. It outlasted most of the competition.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The iPhone 7 is the strongest most durable iPhone they every built. Thing is a tank. Watch some of the drop tests. It outlasted most of the competition.

Then why do I have an apple battery case and a screen protector on it?

Look at the link of the phone I posted. You could punch the screen with your knuckle, no need for a case and completely waterproof to over 33'.