SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The only thing more fun than stepping on a Lego is-
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The only thing more fun than stepping on a Lego is- Login/Join 
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
When I saw the thread title, my first thought was U.K. plug. I see I’m not alone.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Stepped on a thumbtack when I was kid; it was on the floor point up so it went all the way into my heel. That was awesome…

Back in 2000, I had toe surgery that required a k-wire to be left in for a few weeks with the end sticking out of the toe and bent to form a little hook in the end. I had to use crutches to get around, and I caught that damn hook on the carpet once. THAT got my attention. What I didn’t realize was that it had actually bent the k-wire internally. I found that out when the surgeon was removing the the k-wire; expecting it to be straight, he took hold of it by the little hook and twisted to break it free of the scar tissue that had formed around it, and I came up out of the chair — holy crap! When the complimentary toe on the other foot need the same surgery you can bet I was extremely careful not to catch the hook on anything!

Legos, jacks, thumbtacks, goat heads…all fun to step on.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
My grandma had those plastic carpet runners. When they flipped over they were some kind of evil trap just waiting on a bare foot.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, it's either the Jacks or the UK plug for the win...
Totally forgot about the Jacks, and that UK plug just looks like some mid evil stuff that was banned in the 1700's.

As for the Picts- I'll get to them soon enough.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8335 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
There is a modern day miracle that might help you guys to not step on things in the dark.

It's called LIGHTS, every house has them, all you have do is turn them on.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4133 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Oh dang that would be horrible.

Those old hard plastic army men are pretty horrible as well. You probably can't buy them anymore but I remember them hurting. That and matchbox cars.

Posts: 3909 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing like stepping in some cat puke on the way to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Posts: 17 | Registered: June 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a child, I stepped on a velvet ant while barefoot. I have never forgotten the experience.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Dog shit in the yard barefooted ... unless fresh, then the warmth feels better.

Reminds me as a kid running barefoot through the cow fields ...

Just sayin'.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Stepped on a bad extension cord barefoot once. Shocking!

Up one leg and down the other. It was the transition from left leg to right that concerned me the most.Eek

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
A nail at the dump today. It didn’t break the skin, thank God.

Goat heads and some other oblong spike covered shitty thing.

We have an ant here, the Maricopa Harvester. They are everywhere. It’s been more than 30 years since I have been stung. I’ll never forget it. Pain that is intolerable. I assumed that was my memories from when I was a kid.
Turns out that ant is number three on the pain sting list. They actually have a highly toxic venom. I don’t plan on finding out if it hurts as badly as I remember them.
I was stung on the toe (most memorable one) when I was younger. Hurt for half the damn night.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, here she is

https://postimg.cc/gallery/KMc02ZW

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8335 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Well, here she is

She looks like a sweet dog! I hope she gives you many, many years of faithful companionship.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I have Lego’s beat- ever brush against a Cholla (Teddy bear) cactus? Those things are pure evil.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Well, here she is

That is one good looking pup!

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It still amazes me that a lump as big as a tennis ball can appear so quickly

R by MOMO, on Flickr

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
Try one of these for size:

I managed to plug a strand of Christmas lights into and damn near through my foot one year. It hurt, and I left a heck of a trail of blood through the house to the bathroom. Mine was only 2 prongs, I can only imagine how that Euro plug felt.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Stepping on a 7” centipede in bare feet isn’t any fun. Their sting hurts like fire.

Posts: 13236 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post