SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The only thing more fun than stepping on a Lego is-
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The only thing more fun than stepping on a Lego is- Login/Join 
posted
Stepping on PUPPY TEETH!
yeah, those sharp lil SOB's are fun to step on, especially when they are embedded in carpet and point straight up! Wink

I picked up 3 of them yesterday, 2 the day before.

On the other hand, if any of you want to rob my place, now is probably the time to do it. My 5mo German Shepherd will probably gum you! When she drinks, the water just kinda goes all over... Kinda weird seeing a Shepherd with no canine teeth, just little nubs.

Training is progressing well. The whole "come/sit/stay/lay down" she picked up on quickly. We're working on the whole "excited pee" thing... (I know, ignore the dog... There's a whole lot more to it. It's all behavior not bladder control/infection") She just lets go whenever one of my kids give her any type of attention.

She recently figured out that there's ceiling fans in the house. 3 of them.... They've been in the house well before she got here, and they've been used over the summer. It's not like it's a surprise. Barks/growls at the fans... Strange dog.

The dog also kinda messes with just me... She's great with the Mrs. and the kids. Me, on the other hand; I broke my right little toe (again). This damn dog and stepped on or sat on or laid on my right foot every damn time she possibly can. I've paid attention to this, she hasn't touched my left foot at all. But Boy-O-Boy does she know where the right little toe is!

So far, she's a great addition to the family. We put our last German Shepard down about 3 years ago. No matter what, THAT DOG was my buddy! And I still miss her. Her collar still hangs by the back door. It was time for another dog, and we're pretty stuck on German Shepards. Did a little research and found this goof, brought her home at 8 weeks. So far, it's going great.

One of these days I need to find a photo hosting site. Pictures of the mutt and a few other things.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8335 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Try a pair of Barbie doll boobies barefoot at 3:00am. Wakes you right up.

Posts: 5734 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I know what you are going through. When my kids were young I broke two toes when I stepped on legos in the carpet.
Right now we have a 4 month old German Shepard. Gets excited to see you and pees on the floor.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Wait till your baseboards become the knawing tool of choice. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Try one of these for size:

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Jesus Pyker…that is a modern day caltrop.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11269 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
I need to find a photo hosting site.
Take a look at PostImage. Free, easy to use.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Jesus Pyker…that is a modern day caltrop.

UK standard fused 3 pin plug. Great fun in the dark with bare feet.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
The recurring ones out here are goat heads. I just pulled one out of my foot the other day that went in about a quarter inch.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I have most of my oldest Basset Hound's baby teeth in an old film cannister (he lost them back in 1998, back when digital photography was still a sci-fi concept). Yes, they hurt. But, here we are 23 years later, and I still have them. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I stepped barefoot on a bumblebee when I was a child. I think bumblebees offer competition.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
One of my dogs leaves his Kong balls laying in random places when we go to bed at night. I've lost track of the number of times I've got up in the night to pee and stepped on one of them. Like stepping on a huge ball bearing - not sharp, but good for making your feet go out from under you.

OP - I lost my German Shepherd 10 years ago, and I still miss her a lot. She was a GREAT dog.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ooouch! That would hurt!

I never found any of my pups puppy teeth, I found a part of one(?), but never found a whole one.

My puppy is just getting ready to turn 1 year old this coming Sunday. She is so smart, but her training has slowed down, not her fault, it's just I have been so busy with work.

So, the little time we have, I use as a training opportunity. Every opportunity I can find I use as a training opportunity.

She has been a great pup! She makes me proud every time we go out and people commit on her.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
After stepping on a dog bone with a sharp edge at 5AM I learned to clear a path from the bedroom to the kitchen before going to bed.

Posts: 3445 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
After stepping on a dog bone with a sharp edge at 5AM I learned to clear a path from the bedroom to the kitchen before going to bed.
If I tried to do that my cats would move something into the path. I just don't go barefoot in the house.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
A d4.
Heck you can get a whole bag full of them.
d4 dice

Posts: 7348 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Don't know about puppy teeth, but if I kick that damn wrought iron coffee table barefoot in the middle of the night again...Mad And when this inevitably happens at 2am, I can't engage in the loud expletive laced rant necessary to vocalize my hatred for that [blanking] table!

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
uh excuse me

YOU DIDN"T POST ANY PICTURES OF YOUR PUPPY

Posts: 10201 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great dog, in the making. Our Shepherd is a pistol. If I had to pick an actual pistol she resembles it would be along the lines of a short barreled AK, with a 30+ round mag, no suppressor.

She’s 6.5 now. I think the ‘biting’ stage is next(for you). Oh, it’s just playful biting & ‘raking’.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post