SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Black Mirror AI - we won't be able to trust this stuff
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Mirror AI - we won't be able to trust this stuff Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Georgeair ^^^
Of course, I know AI isn't "evil", it's hyperbole.

Oh, I know you know that. The problem (in general, not you) is the hyperbole from supporters and especially opponents and skeptics distracts from the real problem, which I think many people think is a big fucking problem. One that we can't just choose not to encounter or resolve once we do.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nothing to see here. All is well...

Google's 'godfather of AI' quits to spread word about dangers of AI, warns it will lead to 'bad things'
quote:
"I console myself with the normal excuse: If I hadn’t done it, somebody else would have."

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Google saying they're committed to a "responsible" anything, is hilarious/not as sketchy as Facebook saying they're doing something responsibly.

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Nothing to see here. All is well...

Google's 'godfather of AI' quits to spread word about dangers of AI, warns it will lead to 'bad things'
quote:
"I console myself with the normal excuse: If I hadn’t done it, somebody else would have."

You have to worry when the patriarch of AI echos your concern.

Longer article.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Every single Glen Beck radio show is of the horrors of AI and I turn it off.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
The potential seems real for specialized, legitimate applications, but for illegitimate purposes, let's hope most people will have enough common sense to detect the bullshit. But based on the collective IQ and short attention spans of the collective public, AI will be twisted and applied for illegitimate purposes in a bazillion ways, sort of like all the perpetrators on the internet right now. For those people it will be another incredibly useful tool for deception, exploitation, and theft. As they say, follow the money.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Amnesty International Posts Fake AI Generated Photos of Police Brutality]

Remember when the media worried about “deepfakes”? We’re well past that, at least the use of the term, as AI image generators like Midjourney can produce fairly sophisticated images in a variety of styles. And the media’s concern trolling over “fake news” was just about making sure that social media giants censored conservatives.

Now it’s time to embrace real fake news.

“Police officials raped and insulted women and LGBTI people taking part in protests,” text superimposed over an AI-generated woman standing in front of AI-generated flames said. Another image shows AI-generated cops pulling an AI-generated woman away from a protest. The woman is draped in a flag that shows Colombia’s red, gold, and blue stripes out of order.

The images contain hallmarks of AI generation. Besides the Colombian flag’s colors being in an incorrect order, in the same image there are plenty of unrecognizably warped human faces and features like hair, officers’ names are gibberish, and hands in the image are distorted. In another image shared by Amnesty Norway, depicting an AI-generated Colombian police officer, the officer’s helmet is a nonsensical and mangled design in addition to strange anatomical features...

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The robots won't take her shit.

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Robots don't have dicks to suck, so she's not right for the job.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Harris wouldn't know what intelligence was, real or artificial.
So I guess in democrat circles, she's perfect for the job.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
As some of you know, I work for radiologists so see the discussions about the impact of this on the specialty.

For a bit med school students shied away, convinced they would be replaced by bots. Then the more current and near-future deployments tended to focus on enhancing the performance of human radiologists which settled things down a bit.

This headline will no doubt get a lot of traction and fear mongering fired up again.

The important distinction is this was written Boards test, not the actual interpretations. That won't stop the hyperbole I'm sure.

Latest version of ChatGPT AI passes radiology board exam

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
What happens when you can’t trust your perceptions anymore?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post

Took me longer than I care to admit to realize this photo of two quintessential biergarten girls at an Oktoberfest was AI generated, b/c you know... distractions.

Great cleavage is magical, and it scares me that AI is producing cleavage this good. Eek
There are a couple dead giveaways once you look past the jugs.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
There are a couple dead giveaways once you look past the jugs.

AI images always seem to have issues with hands and fingers. Boobs, not so much.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Those be Six-Finger Boobs! Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8868 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“Open AI staff warned its board about a powerful AI breakthrough that could pose threats to humanity, before CEO Sam Altman was fired then later rehired.

Several researchers sent a letter to the directors warning the progress made on Project Q* had the potential to endanger humanity.

The previously unreported letter ultimately led to the removal of Altman, the creator of ChatGPT, and the ensuing chaotic five days within the startup company.

Executive Mira Murati mentioned Q* to employees on Wednesday and disclosed a letter had been sent to the board before the events of this weekend.

Altman had made progress on Q*, which some internal sources believe could be a breakthrough in the startup's search for superintelligence. …”

DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/12782695

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8935 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
If AI is truly an evolving intelligence, fed libtard constructs and ideas from birth, won't it eventually figure out it was sold a bunch of shit?

Posts: 7252 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post