SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Honest Paul's Used Motorcycle Emporium (Update: Hooliganism Inside)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Honest Paul's Used Motorcycle Emporium (Update: Hooliganism Inside) Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted

Since my Brother-in-Law moved out and I built my new shop, I have a "spare" bay in the garage so I get to provide Winter storage.

In front on left (hard to see) is Dale the Builder's 2003 BMW K1200RS

Front right, grandson's 2009 Yamaha VStar950

Back left is my 2016 Yamaha FJ09.

Back right is my daughter's 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 400

Speaking of which...

Since her chemo treatments, the incipient arthritis in her joints has really flared up. Whether a side effect or a coincidence, I couldn't say. At any rate, it has made riding too painful for her, so she decided to sell the bike.

As I was unloading the bike to tuck it in the garage, Mrs. PHPaul said "Why is she selling such a nice, new bike?" In the process of explaining the situation I said "It IS a great little bike, I'm half tempted to buy it myself."

"Well, why don't you?"

"Ummmmmm...what? Are you serious?"

Turns out she was, so I told my daughter I'd buy it for her payoff and we'll do the paperwork eventually.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PHPaul,

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15234 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
You're off to a good start, Paul!

I was over at a friend's house yesterday. It's like Hank's House of Honda over there, man, I swear.
Let's see... two Magnas, a 919, an 1100, an old Nighthawk, a Passport, a Trail 90 or some such, an Interceptor, and at least one other I can picture but can't identify right now. I think Hank's cheating a little, though... there's a Moto Guzzi and a Royal Enfield in the pack as well. I think there are 11 altogether now. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just think, not long ago you were considering selling your FJ.

I sure am loving my 2022 MT-09. Brought it home July 9th. A bit over 1600 miles so far.

Posts: 1069 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
Just think, not long ago you were considering selling your FJ.

I sure am loving my 2022 MT-09. Brought it home July 9th. A bit over 1600 miles so far.

My mileage is way down this year. I had been putting about 4K a year on the FJ, I doubt I got much over 1K this year, if that.

May not put much more than that on the pair next year, but they'll be FUN miles!

What I might do is put a set of bags on the FJ to make it handier for grocery runs, and use the Ninja for Sunday afternoon joy rides.

Posts: 15234 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I've been riding the Ninja quite a bit due to unseasonably warm weather.

That little stinker is a BLAST to ride. I'm finding it's just as much fun keeping that little motor wound up as it is to whack the throttle open on the FJ. It's quick too, takes a little longer to get there, but it'll do The Ton.

You'd think, at 72 years of age, I'd be over my hooligan stage.

You'd be wrong...

Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

That little stinker is a BLAST to ride. I'm finding it's just as much fun keeping that little motor wound up as it is to whack the throttle open on the FJ. It's quick too, takes a little longer to get there, but it'll do The Ton.

You'd be wrong...

The waiver clearly states the thread title must match the subject. You might consider changing the title to: "Honest Paul The Hooligan's Used Motorcycle Emporium

Posts: 7458 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Wasn't it Ayrton Senna who said something about it being more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow? Big Grin

The little Ninja 250 I got my hands on a few years ago was an underpowered little stinker, but man was it fun!

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Man I miss riding.
Just was reading an article on a bike I've wanted for a long time. Honda MC22 from the late 80s.
250cc inline 4 with a 19k RPM redline. Makes similar power to the modern 300cc twins/singles. But with the bonus of the banshee wail.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15331 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:

That little stinker is a BLAST to ride....

I'm sure the Ninja 400 IS a blast to ride. I had a Versys 300 (which used the previous Ninja 300 motor and it was fun but I sometimes wished it had just a little more acceleration and speed. This was accomplished with your 400 which is not only stronger but lighter.

quote:
...You'd think, at 72 years of age, I'd be over my hooligan stage.

You'd be wrong...

Way to go Paul! Smile

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:

You'd be wrong...

Good for you Paul. Riding is good for the soul. Wink

Just had my old FZ1 and WR250R out for some exercise a couple weeks ago before weather turned.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
In a slight bit of irony, my 19 year old daughter has long had an interest in getting a bike after riding on the back of first my ZX7R, then on my current machine, the FJR1300. We’re going to look at a local sale today… a ‘21 400 Ninja of all things. Should be a good starter bike for her.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post