SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What In The New Jersey Unholy Abomination Is This?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What In The New Jersey Unholy Abomination Is This? Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
This is Georgia. We have the best Brunswick Stew in the nation by a long shot.

It's not like there's not a BBQ place every other corner here.

Even the worst Brusnwick Stew here in Georgia has to be better than this commode sludge.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Cool story. Let us know how it tastes.

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t give that to the dog.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
You got a photo of the ingredients section?

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I like the White Chicken Chili that they make.

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Kitty’s?

Well you know one of the ingredients now!

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Well, New Brunswick is in New Jersey. Smile

Posts: 9508 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Vineland is in Southern Jersey, a heavily agricultural area with a large Latino population. Not at all like the NYC suburban areas usually associated with NJ. There is plenty of good food there, but I suspect Aunt Kitty is not one of the premier providers.

Posts: 6470 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
But.. but... All good tasting Brunswick stew is made with wholesome carboxymethyl cellulose!

Yum! Big Grin

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
This foul concoction is not allowed in this household!

I bet Chef Boy R Dee would make a better Brunswick Stew.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
If I'm going to pay good money for Brunswick stew, I want it to look like I am the first one to eat it.

The stuff on the label looks like a throw up.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
It's distributed out of New Jersey, but where is that sludge actually made?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Get a rope

Posts: 107578 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Mars, I think you or SC have a tube video on one of yours recipe. I just did a search and even Paula Dean is way down on the scroll list of hundreds.
I remember seeing yours as I have the exact same serving cup w/ handle. (Chicken soup for the soul?)
Little help w/ your link?

I believe my sleuthing has found it from an owl guy.
https://youtu.be/9bfLN-mDti0

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
I wouldn’t give that to the dog.

My thoughts as well.............all fat.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Get a rope

You read my mind.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
If I'm going to pay good money for Brunswick stew, I want it to look like I am the first one to eat it.

I couldn’t have said it better.
Billy

Posts: 268 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: December 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Nope I got me some minimum standards.

Google turned this up.

What happened to Castleberry Brunswick stew?

at a plant in Mechanicsville that canned the stew. It was later run by the grandchildren until it was bought by Castleberry in 1999. Bumble Bee Foods acquired Castleberry/Snow Brands in December 2005, and Castleberry was shut down by the FDA in 2008

What happened to Castleberry beef stew?

Due to problems with quality control, the brand experienced problems when it shipped products that were underprocessed, resulting in several cases of botulism and subsequent widespread recall, and the cessation of production at their food processing plant.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
They crafted the recipe in the US penal system and are just now bringing it to market.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12631 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Get a rope
I was waiting for someone to say that.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post