SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    St. Louis Area members - Arnold Gun Club?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

St. Louis Area members - Arnold Gun Club? Login/Join 
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted
St. Louis area SigForum folks:

I'm interested to join the Arnold Gun Club. Do we have any forum members who are members of this club? It looks like a club sponsor is required to apply for membership, so if we have a member who would be up for meeting and getting acquainted in hopes of serving as a club reference for me, I'd appreciate it. Dinner and drinks are on me, of course! Please feel free to email me at the address in my profile (substitute the "@" symbol where appropriate).

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I haven't heard real good things second hand about the club, and in particular their IDPA club. I've had four people in classes independently that say they went to find out what competing was all about as a novice and was completely turned off by the RSOs and club members attitude.

This is hard for me to swallow, particularly from the standpoint that every club I have ever been to goes out of their way to welcome new shooters and spectators.

But, when you hear it over a period of time from four different people.......

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37118 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I haven't heard real good things second hand about the club, and in particular their IDPA club. I've had four people in classes independently that say they went to find out what competing was all about as a novice and was completely turned off by the RSOs and club members attitude.

This is hard for me to swallow, particularly from the standpoint that every club I have ever been to goes out of their way to welcome new shooters and spectators.

But, when you hear it over a period of time from four different people.......

I hope that's not the case. It's pretty much the only choice for an outdoor gun range if I don't want to drive an hour and a half each way. I've shot there casually before, a few years ago, and it seemed pretty nice. The only RO I encountered was decent enough - said "hello" and observed us for a bit, then left us be.

-ShneaSIG

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Email inbound.

Posts: 7321 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Sorry, don't know anything about it.

Posts: 3735 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
Email inbound.

FiveFiveSixFan,

I have sent you an email from a different personal account. I'm afraid your initial email may not have made it to my @aol.com address.

-ShneaSIG

Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Email inbound.

The email kicked back. My email is in my profile.

Posts: 7321 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Email inbound.

The email kicked back. My email is in my profile.

My apologies - I was afraid of that. I've emailed you at the @charter.net address in your profile from a more reliable personal account.

-ShneaSIG

posted Hide Post
I’m not sure what part of the St Louis area you live, but another option may be Top Gun Sportsman’s Club in Lonedell. Although, depending on where you are, that may be in the 90 minute time frame you are talking about.

Friend of mine is a member at Arnold Gun Club. If you have questions, I can forward to him if no one here is a member.

Hell, you can come to Hillsboro and shoot with me in my back yard if you want to.

Posts: 2159 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
I’m not sure what part of the St Louis area you live, but another option may be Top Gun Sportsman’s Club in Lonedell. Although, depending on where you are, that may be in the 90 minute time frame you are talking about.

Friend of mine is a member at Arnold Gun Club. If you have questions, I can forward to him if no one here is a member.

Hell, you can come to Hillsboro and shoot with me in my back yard if you want to.

Thanks, Erik. It looks like FiveFiveSixFan has me covered, but I'll reach out if I have other questions.

But, hey! Hillsboro ain't that far away! If your neighbors won't mind, I've got tannerite! Big Grin

-ShneaSIG

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG

I hope that's not the case. It's pretty much the only choice for an outdoor gun range if I don't want to drive an hour and a half each way. I've shot there casually before, a few years ago, and it seemed pretty nice. The only RO I encountered was decent enough - said "hello" and observed us for a bit, then left us be.

Same experience here. I've shot there several times. Enjoyed it each time and I would join as well.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24164 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post