SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Too much Coke kills blacks... WTF??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Too much Coke kills blacks... WTF?? Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
maybe,

small restaurants / convenience stores will also send folks in to buy using EBT and pay them back in cash,
since it is actually cheaper to buy when on sale at a grocery store than it is to buy directly from Coke or Pepsi,,

when I was in the business, first of the month (later changed to a 4 day drop of funds vs 1) it was common to sell a couple of pallets of Koolaid, Hawaiian Punch, and 1-2 pallets of sugar in a day,

some of the non food stamp aisles would not get touched,,

Yep, happens here every month. A lot of small mom and pop stores buy their soft drinks to re-sell from people who use their EBT to buy them from WalMart.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
My best friend, who just retired from the MSP, related a story to me a few weeks ago about watching people using their bridge cards to by all sorts of pop and junk food, wheel it out into the parking lot, and sell it for cash. They then turn around and use that cash to buy cigarettes and everything else that they're not allowed to buy.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38252 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Whity needs to stop keepin' the black man down and force feeding him Coke.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
At least they're going after Coke instead of guns. [sarcasm]

Posts: 28692 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post