SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who do you like for receiving emails?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who do you like for receiving emails? Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
I cut the cable and I'm losing my @Comcast email account. I am looking for someone new, not yahoo, not google. What do you have and who do you like?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: downtownv,

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8347 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might actually be able to keep the email address as long as you log into their site on a regular basis. My late mother's account is still active after several years.

I'm using the Outlook email system.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I've subscribed to netaddress.com (usa.net email domain) for decades. Run by SilverSky/BAE Systems. Very secure. Never had a problem with them.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We use outlook.com
It has worked well for over 3 years now.

Posts: 1962 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
My suggestion is to buy space on a shared host and a personalized domain name.

That way you can make any email address or, if you’re like me, a hundred email addresses. I control my email filters and have an email for every vendor so that when I start getting spam, i can shut that one down.

For my host, I use InMotion Hosting

For domains: https://epik.com

As a side benefit, you get web/image hosting and you’d most likely be paying nearly the same for simple email hosting anyway. I don’t see a downside.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Mail.com

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I use protonmail and I’m happy with it. I have the free version.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We cut comcast a year ago and are still using our comcast email address. They said as long as you keep using it we could keep it.

Posts: 817 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I use Apple's iCloud.com. My email address is <MyName>@iCloud.com

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Gmail all the way. Works great.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
I've subscribed to netaddress.com (usa.net email domain) for decades. Run by SilverSky/BAE Systems. Very secure. Never had a problem with them.

-Rob

^^^ Funny enough … I know the founders. Wink

Been around a long time now … wow.

Fwiw, I use outlook, apple and proton.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Proton paid subscription with a custom domain.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I have been using mail.com for over 25 years. Never a problem. You can sign up for multiples if you wish, and have email forwarded to just one if desired.

They offer several domains, but all use the same interface.

They offer apps for your devices, as well as browser access.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2839 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Proton paid subscription with a custom domain.

+1
With “catchall” turned on, you can give the address <whatever>@<your domain> and it still comes to you.

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I use Apple's iCloud.com. My email address is <MyName>@iCloud.com

If you’re on the Apple system this is a good option. I use this as well as Yahoo through ATT as well as Gmail

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Get your own domain. It's like $20/year, and I pay Google to host my domain, with access to G-Suite and a ton of cloud storage.

There are any number of other hosts you can use with online interface. If security is an issue for you, consider Hushmail.com out of Canada. It's a tad more expensive, but it's encrypted.I also believe that it's not subject to letters from US DOJ, but rather must be opened by order from a Canadian court.

I understand you aren't looking for a @gmail.com account, but this isn't that.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12772 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I use protonmail, pay the low yearly fee and have a couple of "custom domains" (really just entries in their MTA's (Mail Transfer Agent) database that says "accept mail for this entity"), you still have to register a domain name with a registrar and create MX records that point to ProtonMail's servers.

I front their servers with an AWS instance running Postfix so as to be able to have as many aliases as I want. Note that AWS blocks outgoing SMTP from hosted VMs by default, so you have to do something to either get them to unblock this from your VM, or figure out a way to bypass it. I do the latter by running a SSH tunnel to a host off their network.

Posts: 6464 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I've used yahoo for years. I've heard complaints about it, but it works okay for me.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38672 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post