SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wind Turbines Taller Than the Statue of Liberty Are Falling Over
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wind Turbines Taller Than the Statue of Liberty Are Falling Over Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
JP Morgan exec says land should be seized for wind and solar farms.

https://www.disclose.tv/id/100163/

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Fox News had a lady farmer on last night decrying the buying up of Kansas farm land for solar farms. She said that eventually toxic chemicals leach out of the cells and contaminate the ground and ground water. Not to mention that the land is no longer being used to grow food.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
JP Morgan exec says land should be seized for wind and solar farms.

https://www.disclose.tv/id/100163/
Absolute madness. Genuine madness. Don't tell me about ESG and all that horse shit. Anyone who supports taking land by force in order to build this useless crap is genuinely insane.

I hope, oh, I hope so very much that someone makes them pay the price they deserve, and that, too, is outside of the law; a very big price. The forever price.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know why these things blow up/catch fire more impressively than a Russian tank in Ukraine? I know there are lubricants and coolants that are non flammable. So why the fireworks?

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:
Does anyone know why these things blow up/catch fire more impressively than a Russian tank in Ukraine? I know there are lubricants and coolants that are non flammable. So why the fireworks?
Much like there is no such thing as "bullet proof" there is no such thing as non-flammable.

For example:
  • even Mobil 1 synthetic gear lube has a flash point of 302 deg F. As another data point, Royal Purple makes 5 synthetic gear oils and they all have a flash point between 350 and 385 deg F.
  • even the fire retardant clothing I wear when I visit an oil & gas facility will catch fire. It's designed for a short duration thermal exposure from fire (i.e. flash fire).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post