SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tell us about the weirdest dream you ever had.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tell us about the weirdest dream you ever had. Login/Join 
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
I've had a dream several times that I am driving along and run up on a LEO in a shoot out and either he has run out of ammo or only has a side arm. In the dream I somehow give him my pistol grip shotgun and he ends up taking out the BG with it. This dream is so VIVID that I actually carried around that shotgun in my car just in case.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
Originally posted by cmparrish:
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Maybe not the weirdest, but I keep having dreams with one part being constant.

No matter what caliber or how many times I shoot'em, it has no effect on stopping the threat! Always confused as to WHY it's not working.

Or the other one, is pulling the trigger and having a failure to fire!

Wow, both of these are frequent occurrences in my dreams too.

I don't know what's going on with this, but a weird number of gun enthusiasts share this bizarre dream of their firearms losing their deadliness or malfunctioning in a shootout. I was waiting for at least the second person to respond; I'm sure there are others here. I have no idea what this phenomenon could be. Eerie, yeah?

I actually have not had this specific dream, but I have had one way too similar. I study martial arts. In my powerlessness dream, my karate techniques lose their effectiveness. No matter what I throw, they're all wimpy smacks at my opponent. I can barely even make a fist; the only thing that works at all is a weak shuto (open-hand knife-strike), and it's barely a slap.

Anyone care to explain this one?

The best "putting 2 & 2 together" explanation that I can come up with is this.

1) In general, our minds have a hard time envisioning death, either our own or someone else's. That is why you often wake up before you die in your own dreams.

2) Most of us do not know what shooting someone looks like, so our minds do not have a template to follow.

So, to prevent having to envision death, our minds, "failsafe" the gun so it doesn't come to that.

Of course, the above doesn't apply to everyone. I used to have the same dreams (multiple hammer strikes on a DA/SA fail to ignite primer, or bullets come out so slow the either bounce off the target or are easily dodge-able--we're talking a Matrix-pick-the-bullet-out-of-the-air-between-your-pointer-finger-and-thumb slow). And then one night I had a dream where my life was in danger, as were the people around me, and everything worked, the attacker was neutralized.

My minority/alternative explanation is that CCWers put a lot of trust in our firearms to work when we need them. Sometimes our dreams show us fears that our conscious minds chose to suppress. This kind of dream is basically us asking ourselves "what's your backup plan?"

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Some of ya'll need to quit eating that spicy burrito before bed time...

Ugliest I ever had was dreaming a dog was chewing on my foot and I kicked him. We do have a little dog that sleeps in our bed and generally he curls up in the arch of my foot. His night was much worse than mine that night.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
do night terrors count? I've had two and it was bad enough to make me not want to sleep ever again. The one I was totally paralyzed on my back begging my wife to wake me up. Crazy shit.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heatinajeep
posted Hide Post
This was recent.

I had a dream I went to Starbucks to get a haircut. Yes. Starbucks, not sure why....I don't drink their shit coffee due to cost. I'm certain I wouldn't get a haircut there. I mean...i only get 3-4 haircuts a year, because I'm a hippy.

So, about 1/3 into haircut - I catch on that the barber was a fairy. Of the homo variety. He kept coming onto me, and I respectfully told him I was straight.

This broke the fairy's heart. I got up to piss, and when I came back...the fairy was gone. He left, I recall in the dream it was due to heartbreak of discovering I was straight. The embarrassment of it was all too much.

I return to the restroom, which is packed like a locker room post Super Bowl win. I have to yell to explain what just happened, and why my hair looked like I was hit by a lawnmower. I was surrounded by reporters, and others inquiring about my fucked up looking head.

I wake up.

WTF.

Posts: 1977 | Location: Moody, AL | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I was sitting in a chair and a light was directly above me illuminating a circle around me. I could not see past the cone of light. The Mutant Ninja Turtles emerged from the shadows and told me I had better learn how to use chopsticks.

I also have a recurring dream where I wake up because I have a test and rush to the university to the test and as I enter the classroom I am naked.

Posts: 5748 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
Had a dream one time I was throwing Frisbee with Magnum PI in a park. It was a sunny day, looked like California to me. Anyway, he threw one high, and just as I was jumping up to snag it with my right hand, I woke myself up with my right hand banging against the headboard.

I'll never know if I made that catch.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heatinajeep:
This was recent.

I had a dream I went to Starbucks to get a haircut. Yes. Starbucks, not sure why....I don't drink their shit coffee due to cost. I'm certain I wouldn't get a haircut there. I mean...i only get 3-4 haircuts a year, because I'm a hippy.

So, about 1/3 into haircut - I catch on that the barber was a fairy. Of the homo variety. He kept coming onto me, and I respectfully told him I was straight.

This broke the fairy's heart. I got up to piss, and when I came back...the fairy was gone. He left, I recall in the dream it was due to heartbreak of discovering I was straight. The embarrassment of it was all too much.

I return to the restroom, which is packed like a locker room post Super Bowl win. I have to yell to explain what just happened, and why my hair looked like I was hit by a lawnmower. I was surrounded by reporters, and others inquiring about my fucked up looking head.

I wake up.

WTF.

while the barber was cutting your hair, were you smoking a cigar?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20011 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of ST3 Rock
posted Hide Post
Reality: I was 17 and got drunk on Boones Farm wine while on board a cruise ship heading to Jamaica. My friend later informed me that I knocked myself out after hitting my head on the balcony rail while acting like a monkey and jumping up and down on one of the balcony lounge chairs.

Dream while passed out: I was swimming with a bunch of naked women who all became hairy monkeys in women's bathing suits when they came out of the water. The beach was littered with bottles of Boones Farm wine.

Posts: 9283 | Location: Cecil County MD | Registered: January 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also have a recurring dream where I wake up because I have a test and rush to the university to the test and as I enter the classroom I am naked.

That's my recurrent dream, except there's a final and I haven't read anything; and I'm in underwear.

Lately (since retirement), I've been "on call" a lot...night after night of having to take care of a sick patient but I don't have credentials, or something else makes it impossible; like I don't know the electronic medical record system. Or rounds are starting, but I don't know where to go, and the residents are depending on me.

Posts: 18343 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Not long ago, I had a dream where I was a barber, at Starbucks...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44442 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About 15-16 years ago, shortly after I got married and when my son (18) was a toddler, I dreamed I was still living at my parent's house. (And I did live there in my mid-20s to save money and because grad school was very close by.)

Anyhow, I dreamed an old rotary phone, one that was in my parents house in the 80s, was ringing. I walked over and every step I got closer filled me more and more with DREAD. I picked up the phone and heard nothing but I knew there was a presence on the line. I chokingly asked "who's there?" and a deep voice of pure evil said, and I'll never forget this: "Steeple." I woke up in a cold sweat.

I have no idea what it "meant", and the details have faded, as did the emotions, but I still remember the dread and the word "Steeple".

Posts: 3552 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Janet was my very first love, I was 19 she was 18.

After 13 months she let me know that she was going out on a date , not with her girlfriends but with another guy,
being young and dumb, I was pretty much crushed, of course there would never be another female for me Confused

That night I stayed home and stared at tv for five hours, and can't remember a single show that was on.

That night I had an overwhelmingly depressing overcast and gloom filled dream.

it was the kind of distraught that makes you want to wake up.

the thing I saw was a mural of a black white and gold Herky the Hawkeye, the U of Iowa mascot.

see here: https://hawkeyefanshop.com/ima...roduct/133-347-d.jpg

The next day ,(because once again, I was young and dumb)
I went to the Frat house to confront the guy she went out with.

well he didn't want to talk in the front room so we went up to a room he shared.

I babbled like an idiot for 5 minutes before I looked on the ceiling and there on the ceiling above the bed was the exact same , three color image of Herky the hawkeye. that was in my dream , just 12 hours earlier.

When I asked Janet if she was in there with him she said sure, she saw the mural .

I was seeing what she saw while he was doing her !

that was pretty effed up

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55165 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
This damned dream was a long technicolor marvel I'll cut to the chase though.

I had a brick house all jacked up and braced to move. The crazy shit is this I drove my motorcycle inside through the garage door and lowered the house onto the bike, a '76 Kawasaki KZ 900 (if by chance you need to move a house). My problem was strangely enough keeping all the bricks stacked while negotiating traffic.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5235 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
Originally posted by cmparrish:
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Maybe not the weirdest, but I keep having dreams with one part being constant.

No matter what caliber or how many times I shoot'em, it has no effect on stopping the threat! Always confused as to WHY it's not working.

Or the other one, is pulling the trigger and having a failure to fire!

Wow, both of these are frequent occurrences in my dreams too.

I don't know what's going on with this, but a weird number of gun enthusiasts share this bizarre dream of their firearms losing their deadliness or malfunctioning in a shootout. I was waiting for at least the second person to respond; I'm sure there are others here. I have no idea what this phenomenon could be. Eerie, yeah?

I actually have not had this specific dream, but I have had one way too similar. I study martial arts. In my powerlessness dream, my karate techniques lose their effectiveness. No matter what I throw, they're all wimpy smacks at my opponent. I can barely even make a fist; the only thing that works at all is a weak shuto (open-hand knife-strike), and it's barely a slap.

Anyone care to explain this one?

Sure, but you probably would rather not know.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8910 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Over the years, I have dreamed about "second" homes I own, that I didn't know I own.

In years past, dreamed Mom and I were visiting some one, and We would go by my second house, always a white frame house, bungalow or two story, painted white, neat as a pin.

Damn , if at first I started those dreams, wondered if I had inherited an unknown house.

But there was always a section in each home not used. Most of the homes were cottages, reminded me of 1950's homes.

But I used to drink a lot ....

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
When I was a teen, I was running a fever and had went to bed. My parents bedroom was main level and mine was on the 2nd level. In the middle of the night, they're awakened to loud footsteps above them (2nd room with TV was above their bedroom) that sounded like running. They hear the footsteps head down the hall and then down the stairs. They get up, and see me reach the bottom of the stairs and run over in front of the TV in the family room. Once in front of the blank TV (powered off), I loudly pronounce, "I'm gonna check this out."

I then turn around and run past them into their bedroom. Once in front of the blank TV in their bedroom, I loudly pronounce, "I'm gonna check this out."

They realized I was sleep running & talking. They got my feverish ass back to bed, and really yucked it up the next morning. I have not idea to this day what I was in a hurry to check out, but it must've been one crazy dream.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23642 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I have had a few "fever" dreams.

One was where I was trying to "pursue/find" sleep.

Bad flu and three days of fever near 104, did not leave the bed, and the whole time I was in a 1/2 sleep state, and that whole time in a 1/2 dream state, where I knew I was not awake, but also "dreaming" about "finding" sleep.

And the whole time, aware of the passage of time.

If the enemy ever figures out how to bottle that and use it as a torture device, I'm calling Geneva and lodging formal complaint against its use.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44442 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Eating strawberry cream cake with the armadillo in the life raft probably wouldn't count....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
weirdest one (not most disturbing etc) involved a shopping cart, a steep grade of highway of crushed rock, dump trucks, high speeds, and Martha Stewart. Oh, and we're both naked, in the shopping cart. That's all I'm gonna say. And no, I don't have a thing for Martha Stewart.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8910 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post