SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rainbow Bridge
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rainbow Bridge Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
She was such an awesome dog...always a total lover, sweetest dog ever.

Was tough seeing her last time a bit slowed down and less energetic.

People always say they have good dogs but Kayla was a gem, she was so gentle and happy.

Will miss her, feel better bro!

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Allow yourself the time to grieve the loss. Dogs are family members. Looks like this one was very special.
You might later, when time has passed, want to consider giving another great dog a wonderful home.

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss. Always heartbreaking.

Posts: 17903 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
13 years is a good long life. My condolences.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16124 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss. Had to put down my dog earlier this year. It is a terrible thing and is really upsetting. Try to find comfort in the love and life you provided her.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6740 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a couple go over the bridge. It stinks but the joy and companionship of the prior years easily outweighs it. I always liked the following, which is a pretty famous (at least in lawyer circles) closing argument from a civil case involving a dog named Old Drum:

Gentlemen of the jury, the best friend a man has in this world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter whom he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us—those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name—may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads. The one absolute, unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world—the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous—is his dog.

Gentlemen of the jury, a man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he can be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that had no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounter with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens. If fortune drives the master forth an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him to guard against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes the master in its embrace, and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by his graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even to death.

Posts: 996 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry for your lose.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eat, sleep, fish.
Forced to work.
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this, our furbabies ARE our kids. They are family. I don't care who hated that term, but they are our family. Our GSP Fritz is invited to most every family event. He is the most well behaved dog we have ever had (he is 13). Dogs are extraordinary! Our condolences, Snapping Twig. Frown

Posts: 715 | Location: MN | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so sad reading this. Thank you so much for sharing the pics and description of your precious little girl. You gave her the great life she deserved.

Posts: 117 | Registered: March 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Condolences on the loss of your buddy. Time will help, but the hurt can stay with you for a good long while. Getting another pup or dog is always a good idea.

Posts: 782 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss ST. It's not silly to weep over a dog. I cried until I couldn't cry anymore when I had to put my kitty down 15 years ago. It took me until last year before I let myself get another and I feel fulfilled again finally.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. The pain will go away, but your great and fond memories will live on. Prayers for you and the family.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10912 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for your loss.

I've asked Coco to meet her, she'll show her the way home.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39770 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Thank you, you are all so very generous.

My wife wants to travel, so she's put a replacement dog on hold for now.

Truth be told, it's too soon anyway, but I do understand the value in it.

Posts: 2833 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know exactly how you feel. I lost my best friend Nov 15th. Still chokes me up.. That is the hardest part about having a pet...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
As some one who's life has been intertwined with dog's most of my life, I will say, your tribute to her was wonderful. I don't think you could explain your and her life together any better and heartwarming.

It is so hard to accept the loss, the absence is very painful, trust me I know. I am posting something I found recently that always gives me strength when I start grieving over a loved pet..and there have been many.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
All of the Sig Forum dogs who crossed over before her are waiting to teach her all the good stuff over there while she waits for you.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dogs just don't live long enough, its their only fault really.

So sorry for your loss.

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss. My Emily must be her twin, in looks and in heart.
I dread the day we must part.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16536 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post