SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Not enjoying the time change at all.....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not enjoying the time change at all..... Login/Join 
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted
Usually make the change over pretty easily but for some reason its really screwing with me this go around.

Between my wife who stays up all night and sleeps all day and the time change I am not adjusting very well.

We are both retired now so most times it really makes no difference when I sleep but its really tiring and draining me more then normal this go around. Find myself waiting and waiting for evening TV shows to start.

Every year talk goes around about going to one time and sticking with it. That really needs to happen. My vote is to also stay on dark AM and lighter evenings. Please!

Posts: 18049 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Increase your physical activity. Being physically active makes for better, deeper sleep.

And it'll give you something to do besides waiting for TV shows to start. Big Grin

Posts: 32557 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Increase your physical activity. Being physically active makes for better, deeper sleep.

And it'll give you something to do besides waiting for TV shows to start. Big Grin

Good advice......when you are 30 years old and don't have any limiting health conditions. Smile

Posts: 6634 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Even simple things like walking for 20 minutes can help.

If you can't do that, do light weights, like resistance band arm curls, or wall pushups, or assisted chair squats.

If you can't do that, do simple stretches.

If you can't do that, then it's probably time for the nurse to turn you and change out your bedpan.

(My point being that basically anyone - short of being quadriplegic or bedridden - can find a safe way to increase their physical activity level. It doesn't have to involve crossfit, deadlifts, and half-marathons.)

Posts: 32557 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Spring time change kills me for weeks to a month and change. Fall is a God send. I wish they would just do away with this shit forever like Arizona does. It’s pointless. Farmers can change their clocks and spare us all.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12659 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish they would stop this stupidity.

Only the government would think that cutting off 2 inches on one end of a blanket and sewing it other end would make it longer.

It is really screwing with my body. Seems to get worse every year as I get older.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Maybe force yourself to stay up a little later or get up a little earlier, a bit less sleep than you're used to. You should settle back into getting the amount of sleep you need after a few days out of whack.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8364 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I wish they'd stop with this Daylight Shifting Time stupidity, too, but, "government" ...

We're retired, too. We're not finding the shift onerous. On the evening before the fall-back the following morning I simply set the alarm time to an hour "earlier," which meant we'd get up after the same number of hours of sleep, and carried on ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When the next shift happens, "spring forward," I'll just set the alarm wake-up time for an hour "later," we'll still get our eight hours, and, I suspect, all will be well.

This...
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
Between my wife who stays up all night and sleeps all day ...
... is definitely not healthy.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
This one has been messing with me, too. I keep waking up at 4:30 am every day. Then I’m tired all day. If I could just stay asleep until 6, if be fine.

Posts: 45394 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Dogs and cats don't care what the clock says when it's feeding time.

Posts: 28007 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
It hit me hard about Wednesday. I feel completely blah.

Posts: 17903 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
This year seems to have hit me worse then ever. Still not right with it.

phil

Posts: 2387 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/9450046405

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5350 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vote for me as Supreme Dictator and Ruler of the Universe. I will stop this insanity. And anyone who ever mentions it will be fed feet first into a woodchipper!

It fucks with me. My poor pups are all out of wack also.

ARman

Posts: 3157 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
I like that it gets dark earlier. More time to get out my telescope and look at the cosmos.

Posts: 833 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The clock in my bedroom remains unchanged for seven days after these time changes.

Posts: 107738 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I received an email from my Congressperson with a survey of whether I would support staying on Daylight Savings Time year round or continue to have the time changes. I selected to continue the time changes because I did not have the option to remain on Standard Time year round. I guess that means there may be another vote on this subject coming up in the future.

Posts: 3391 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I just want them to pick a time either way. The change twice a year is fucked up.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9370 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The clock in my bedroom remains unchanged for seven days after these time changes.
Heh. I have a list in my iCloud Notes for what I have to change. Last Sunday I sorta forgot all about the Daylight Shifting Time/Eastern Sane Time change. So I've been correcting things one-at-a-time as I think about it.

I guess today I'll consult my list and correct what I haven't, so far (Incl. checking the smoke alarm batteries--perhaps the only positive side-effect of the clock time shift twice-a-year.)

ETA: Twenty minutes later: Done!
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
I selected to continue the time changes because I did not have the option to remain on Standard Time year round.
That would've been my vote, too, being as I feel Daylight Shifting Time only marginally >< less st00pid than twice-a-year clock time shifts.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post