SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vehicle pricing & deals
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vehicle pricing & deals Login/Join 
posted
I had been somewhat in the market the last month or two for a newer truck, the timing looks as if it is about to get even better here in the next few weeks. Ford and GM are already posting great deals at 0% for 84 months. I'm after a Tundra, Toyota today announced 0% for 84 months as well. Hadn't planned on going brand new, but hard to pass up that option now.

Anybody else shopping?

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Had planned to help the Son with a vehicle, Colorado or Tacoma are the front runners. Not pushing it at the moment, waiting for a trend to develop.

I did see that 84 month deal. We also have retired GM in the family, not sure how much that helps.

Posts: 6170 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
If I didn’t already have one I’d be shopping for a new Tundra right now. They wear like Iron.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3972 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Wow, are 7 year loans the new norm? That's a really long time for a vehicle loan.

Posts: 5764 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
0%

Posts: 5338 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Knew I should have waited. I’d been looking for a used tundra for awhile and one finally came up locally. One owner 2010,4x4, crew max with leather and 110k miles. With 7 years no interest my payment would probably have been the same for a new one.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I got an email for RAM Trucks 0% for 84 months and no payments for 90 days.

I don't know what 90 days will bring and my current truck is paid off.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13404 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
Wow, are 7 year loans the new norm? That's a really long time for a vehicle loan.
Geez, that's crazy.

Especially when they have a 5-year warranty...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is zero interest for 84 months really available off of a good discounted price or is it off of list? If you get both-great! If not, maybe not so great

Posts: 1500 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gene Hillman:
Is zero interest for 84 months really available off of a good discounted price or is it off of list? If you get both-great! If not, maybe not so great

Yes discounted but hardly any, if any rebates

Posts: 5338 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's the million dollar question. Zero percent financing with the other incentives is great but I know for sure GM only does it on MSRP. Not worth it when MSRP is dramatically inflated.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
quote:

That's the million dollar question. Zero percent financing with the other incentives is great but I know for sure GM only does it on MSRP. Not worth it when MSRP is dramatically inflated.

No

Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Doesn't do much to help cash buyers. We still have to do the dance with the salesman.

Which raises the question: Do dealers prefer cash or credit?

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You can still get 0% and not pay sticker even with no rebates. GM (and other manufacturers) have nothing to do with the actual negotiated selling price of every vehicle.

———————————————

Posts: 3972 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
I had been somewhat in the market the last month or two for a newer truck, the timing looks as if it is about to get even better here in the next few weeks. Ford and GM are already posting great deals at 0% for 84 months. I'm after a Tundra, Toyota today announced 0% for 84 months as well. Hadn't planned on going brand new, but hard to pass up that option now.

Anybody else shopping?
You do realize a brand new, fully redesigned Tundra is set to be released this fall as a 2021 model? Don't think I;d be too quick to pull the trigger on one at this point in time with a brand new truck set to replace the current model.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:

Anybody else shopping?
You do realize a brand new, fully redesigned Tundra is set to be released this fall as a 2021 model? Don't think I;d be too quick to pull the trigger on one at this point in time with a brand new truck set to replace the current model.

These current trucks are rock solid and the highest quality truck in its class. Mine has all the latest gadgets like LDW and other driver aids that I don’t even use. Not to mention the next Tundra redesign won’t be here until the fall of 2021 as a 2022 model and the legendary 5.7 is going away.

———————————————

Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:
quote:

No

Can you clarify what "No" means? I know you're in the business, so I value your opinion, but not sure what No means.

Posts: 5764 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:

Anybody else shopping?

These current trucks are rock solid and the highest quality truck in its class. Mine has all the latest gadgets like LDW and other driver aids that I don’t even use. Not to mention the next Tundra redesign won’t be here until the fall of 2021 as a 2022 model and the legendary 5.7 is going away.

I've been holding out for a Tundra with a diesel for at least a decade. I figure if I purchase now I'll only make damn sure that Toyota releases one in the next year or so.

I've read all the rumors and have given up on them until I actually see one on a lot. I've always paid more on my loans than the minimum and will do so on this purchase. If they do release a new one I'll be in a good position to trade up, should the time come.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^^ There’s not going to be a diesel in the current or next generation Tundra. So if that’s what you want you need to look at the other truck companies.

———————————————

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:
quote:

No

Can you clarify what "No" means? I know you're in the business, so I value your opinion, but not sure what No means.

Sorry for not clarifying, as PowerSurge said, you can still get at or below cost on the truck itself, plus 0%, just no or little rebate money. You would just have to weigh financing costs at 0% or taking rebates and say 2% normal financing.

They are just hunks of metal