SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chronic pain sufferers..
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chronic pain sufferers.. Login/Join 
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Today had to have been the worst I’ve had in months...since coming home from the 2nd fusion. I’ve tried to taper off this Oxy crap and man am I feeling it. I guess I need to taper even slower cause this is absolutely miserable. I haven’t had a good night sleep in three days, back pain, sciatic nerve pain in my right leg now withdrawals from the Oxy. No bueno. SBrooks is exactly right again. It is a physical dependence.. I’ve have never felt any type of “high”. Just pain relief.

can you use a small dose of something like Suboxone to try and taper off? A good friend did just that. He said withdraw from Oxy was absolute hell on earth and compared it to having the flu X 500

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Didn’t sleep again last night, but managed to today a little. I spoke with two or three medical personnel I trust and the consensus was that I was trying to get the Oxy out of my system too fast. After heeding their advise, I did much better today. I *think* I have found a Pain Management Doc that will take me on... baby steps.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7064 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post