SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Natural vs lab made diamonds
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Natural vs lab made diamonds Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Human nature and perceptions just seem to be a natural pair. In the classic fable of "The Emperor's Clothes", maybe the Kingdom would have been much better off if the little boy had kept his mouth shut! That way, the populace would have remained proud of their king's appearance and the king would have felt "kingly".

Nevertheless, I plead guilty to being infected with the perception disease. I greatly prefer the "beauty" of wood on firearms as apposed to the man-made materials.

Posts: 1626 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I decided to ruin the surprise and ask the wife. She never even heard of a lab diamond. Im glad I asked because she would prefer to have a ring with the kids birthstones. Go figure.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Happy wife, happy life. Going on 16 years and I’m still learning that. I’m a slow learner.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
I decided to ruin the surprise and ask the wife. She never even heard of a lab diamond. Im glad I asked because she would prefer to have a ring with the kids birthstones. Go figure.

Its a common theme. Good of you to find out what she wants. Again, congrats!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5306 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Goes for anything diamond related:

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Goes for anything diamond related:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N5kWu1ifBGU" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

He has a very unhappy husband.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
OP, what if you got her some diamonds made from the hair of the two of y’all, and your kids?

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
What would I do...Contact David Truong! Wink

^^^this^^^

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1375 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
OP, what if you got her some diamonds made from the hair of the two of y’all, and your kids?

Watch the above video then click the link and see the pricing.

https://eterneva.com/loved-ones/#pricing-carousel

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neither. One of the biggest scams in life is the concept that a man throws his money away on a useless rock so his woman can brag to her friends and family about it. What's even more pathetic is that she could make up half or more of the 5 Cs (Cut, Clarity, Carat, Color, Cost Certification) and unless she carries around an appraisal report or the certification, no one would know the difference other than how big it is and how much it sparkles.

Fools and their money are soon parted and nothing proves it more when it comes to buying a diamond.

Posts: 797 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
OK, this is page 4. We've touched upon the low resale, because nearly no one can sell one for much. So why not look for the nearly worthless "used" diamond. I know, it doesn't fit the advertising or image.

So do what I did a few years ago. Just walk around a gun show looking. There's this booth up near the front but on the other side. The vendor had a big diamond pendant. Did I mention that I take my jewelers along? Yeah, there also known as gun guys. Glen, now croaked and Joe still kicking both looked and pronounced the 2.5 carat to be genuine, and a great deal at $3,250.

So educate yourself or make your gun buddies also jewelers. Just happens that way some times. Joe made the point that the pin has the best side diamonds he'd seen. He said they're even better than the main stone. If you look at the main stone you can actually see an inclusion. Straight from a coal mine. Can't see it unless you're looking for it. My wife doesn't look and can't tell. She also keeps her pendant so dirty no one can really tell. Just not a huge priority for her. Kind of like her engagement ring. Soap scum all over it. But she wore the engagement ring out! Yeah, it and the wedding ring got thin, and then one broke thru. They live in a drawer these days. I did buy her a collection of gold bands to wear. I guess that's important.

Joe brought the collection to a gun show. I bought all 5 of them. Shocked him. Now she's good for the next 250 years. Well if each lasts 50 years like the first one. If she quit work, maybe they'd last longer. But then I'm not going to allow that. She's retired these days, but still volunteers. Its work but no pay.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
There are much cheaper places who make diamonds from hair/ashes

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post