SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Willard Scott has died
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Willard Scott has died Login/Join 
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted
Willard Scott dead age 87

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Always enjoyed his southern style charm and the little old 100 year old ladies saying the secret to a long life was reading the Bible and a pinch of snuff (or something similar).

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7962 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The guy was a clown.

Actually, he was a couple of clowns, Bozo the Clown and the first Ronald McDonald.

I grew up in the Washington DC TV market during the 1960s. The Bozo show was on TV just as we got home from elementary school. We watched it nearly every day. Scott was the nicest guy you never met, with a wonderful sense of humor.

Later on the Today show, he never listened to the producers and his segment often ran long, which pissed off whiney Bryon Gumball.

Rest well old friend.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seemed like always a happy, feel good guy trying to make everyone else happy and feeling good. A life well spent.

Posts: 1500 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
First I've heard of him.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post