SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Return of the Z06 (2023 Corvette)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Return of the Z06 (2023 Corvette) Login/Join 
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
Does it come with a Mr. T starter set and a matching windbreaker?

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
No manual no care.

This 100%
I want a manual for the enjoyment, I don't care if it's slower than the auto.

Same with the Supra, no manual option. Would heavily lean toward the Nissan Z instead, or a ND2 Miata.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMO the C7 was a much better looking car and the C8 Z06 with the Aero Package is some 12 year olds cartoon nightmare. People thought the Edsel was ugly, this thing re-defines UGLY, heck it actually makes the Aztec decent looking.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5765 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
No manual no care.

I put a Doug Nash 5 speed in my 78 and what a difference with the 2:73 rear end.

Posts: 11859 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
No manual, no care for sure.

The average owner will drive the car 99% more than track the car. Manuals are way more fun. I'll wait til GM realizes this, or buy a new 911.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
IMO the C7 was a much better looking car and the C8 Z06 with the Aero Package is some 12 year olds cartoon nightmare. People thought the Edsel was ugly, this thing re-defines UGLY, heck it actually makes the Aztec decent looking.

You are in the minority, this is the best looking Vette in a while. It actually has the supercar look. You are the first person I have heard state they do not like the new look.

Posts: 4217 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
Lots of HP but no trailer hitch. Frown

Don't laugh, I've seen many a Corvette in the paddock at autocross events with trailer hitches so they could tow their tire trailers with R-compound tires to use on course.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11880 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
I can’t wait to hear one spin up that flat plane sitting at a light. I am sure it will bring back that “oh to be young again” sentiment.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1357 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
A bad day could be reversed by winding out through the gears. Smile

Posts: 11859 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Loved my 2001 Z06, would REALLY LOVE '23 (or '24/'25) Z06 convert!

Posts: 4173 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
Street outlaws went to Vegas and rented a new corvette and mustang, and the hellcat. The Corvette was so much faster they could give the other cars a one length lead and still smoke them.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9085 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://www.netcarshow.com/che...t/2025-corvette_zr1/

1,064HP/828lbft from the factory Eek

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Notice the rear view, the Split Window is back!

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Notice the rear view, the Split Window is back!

With a camera in the middle for the rear view mirror
Haven't been in a C8, is there actually a window in the rear?

McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Yes the coupe and HTC have a rear window. My HTC has a camera that displays on the rear view mirror. You can switch between the mirror or the camera when the top is up. Guessing it's the same on the coupe.

Impressive numbers but I would have expected a better 0-60 than 2.5. I have posted 2.8 numerous times with my stock Z51.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1782 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
That's a lot of power to get to the ground!
Maybe they're limiting torque in the lower gears?

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:

You are in the minority, this is the best looking Vette in a while. It actually has the supercar look. You are the first person I have heard state they do not like the new look.

Negative Ghost Rider, C8's are not the best looking Corvettes, not even close, engineering aside, everyone got on Chevy for years about the "Corvette needs a mid engine" like Ferrari or Lambo, McLaren, but Corvettes should always be American Front Engine beasts.

No the best looking Corvette recently is the C7 Zr1 or Z06, front engines belong in Corvettes, doesn't matter though C3's rule and a 63 Split Window or a 67 427 L88 still rules the looks department.

I'd say that about Ferrari too, outside of the Dino, all the best looking Ferrari's are front engine design, 365 GTB Daytona and California Spyder, F12 Berlinetta, 250 GT0, the list goes on and on.

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post