SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Return of the Z06 (2023 Corvette)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Return of the Z06 (2023 Corvette) Login/Join 
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted
Anyone drooling over the 2023 Z06? 670hp 5.5l V8 with 0-60mph @ 2.6 sec. Impressive piece of engineering that I would love to have in the garage.

2023 Corvette Z06

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2221 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YEP!!

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Highest HP production V8, ever.
Love that flat plane sound.
Sucks there is no manual option.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
One would be on the top of my order list if I won the Lottery. Drool buckets might be a needed option!

Posts: 833 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Love that flat plane sound.
Sucks there is no manual option.

Highest hp naturally aspirated V8.

This car is going to be so awesome. Electric will come along and perform better but the fun to drive will be through the roof.

I think the first couple years are all spoken for. Certainly none available anywhere near MSRP.

Posts: 3994 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
5.5l, 670hp, naturally aspirated V8? Let me guess, it redlines between 8,500 and 9,000 rpm. I’m basing that on my wife’s 2000 S2000’s 2.0l 240hp engine that redlines at 9,000 rpm. 240/2*5.5=660

Posts: 11544 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Highest hp naturally aspirated V8.

Correct, posting from my phone & forgot to include that part.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, lottery gods, please grant me a big win and I will rev that flat plane engine in praise each and every day!

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3625 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the whole dog & pony show and I really like the Z06. It's a shame though that most of the Z06's sold will never see any track time. They'll either be garage queens or red light racers.

The Z06's are wonderful track monsters. I've got a friend that has put tons of time and money into his dedicated track car with 600+ hp, and still can't beat a stock C7 Z06 around VIR.

Posts: 748 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Lots of HP but no trailer hitch. Frown

Posts: 11859 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
Lots of HP but no trailer hitch. Frown

Big Grin

Posts: 11410 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've got a friend that has put tons of time and money into his dedicated track car with 600+ hp, and still can't beat a stock C7 Z06 around VIR.

Could be the driver Big Grin

Very cool, price is going to be stratospheric..

Markups in mid 5 figures easy.

BJ and Mecum will sell several, Chevy should have done what Ford did to the GT, you get on list, get approved, can't sell for two years or forfeit your money and car back to Ford....

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I have been told that GM hired a Ferrari engineer to help design the engine. Sure sounds Ferrari like . Awesome Corvette !

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2796 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lots of HP but no trailer hitch

Granted it's a prototype, but no doubt that a production model will be available soon. Wink

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15837 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Stopped at my local dealer today to pick up a vehicle. I have purchased 35 vehicles in the past 15 years(mostly work trucks) so in jest I asked, "Hey I'm probably good to order a Z06, right?" and he said, "Sure, in about 2 years". We had a good laugh.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5935 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
No manual no care.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12907 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Zero to 60 in 2.6 seconds!? Holy moly!! Eek Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13826 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Zero to 60 in 2.6 seconds!?
Kilometers?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anybody know if this new flat-plane crank engine is a pushrod engine or overhead cams?

Posts: 551 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoveEgg:
Does anybody know if this new flat-plane crank engine is a pushrod engine or overhead cams?

Everything is described on the page linked in the original post. Dual overhead cams.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18089 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post