SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another Chick Fil-A Story
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Chick Fil-A Story Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
Amazing experience this afternoon at Chick Fil-A and I thought it worth sharing. My wife and I were out running errands today. She specifically said that she’d like to have lunch at CF-A. When we got there, a string of cars were backed up at the entrance to the parking lot. We parked at the Menard’s adjacent to CF-A.

There is a big softball tournament going on today with teams from as far away as Rapid City SD. At least three teams were there. The line was backed out the doors of the restaurant. In spite of the long line, we reached the counter very quickly. I swear, we had barely sat down when our order was brought to the table. Remarkable.

While we were eating, glancing out the window, we could see the cars in the drive-thru line. CF-A had a couple of people taking orders at the car windows, using a tablet of some sort.

All those people and the table was clean, the food was fast and hot and the service was friendly, as always. I thought of the last time I was in Arby’s. Weekday, not very busy at all, and I’ll bet I waited 10 minutes for my sandwich. This place was like carrier operations.

Posts: 13325 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
And the liberals hate the place. It drives them crazy that a good value system and work ethic results in a successful business. And they do it in 6 days a week.

Posts: 9587 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I work with a leftist that HATES Chic A Fil.
Because they "hate gays". Roll Eyes
I reminded him they do not hate gays and anyone can work there that has a good work ethic.
And that the staff are the most courteous of any fast food place.
Their corporate model reflects upon this who work and succeed there.
I would hire a Chic A Fil employee just from seeing their time there on a resume.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39777 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
I reminded him they do not hate gays and anyone can work there that has a good work ethic.
I would hire a Chic A Fil employee just from seeing their time there on a resume.

I’m kinda glad the Left stays away; they can just continue to go eat...wherever it is that humorless people filled with hate go eat

Posts: 13325 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:

I’m kinda glad the Left stays away; they can just continue to go eat...wherever it is that humorless people filled with hate go eat

My son's first "real" job was at a brand new CFA. (Real meaning taxes taken out, etc.) Sometimes a Libtard would come into the restaurant to try to stir up trouble. Never did they ever succeed! Their tactics ranged from attempting to shame individual employees for working for such a "hate-filled" company, to going into the bathroom after failing to infuriate any of the employees and thoroughly trashing it.

My son was always amazed at how these people who exhibited so much intense hatred claimed it was CFA who was hateful!

Liberalism is a mental disorder

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10722 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will say this - EVERY TIME I have gone to a local Chick-Fil-A,I always have quick service, the people are very courteous and respectful. It's a model for excellent service.

Posts: 944 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:

My son's first "real" job was at a brand new CFA. (Real meaning taxes taken out, etc.) Sometimes a Libtard would come into the restaurant to try to stir up trouble. Never did they ever succeed! Their tactics ranged from attempting to shame individual employees for working for such a "hate-filled" company, to going into the bathroom after failing to infuriate any of the employees and thoroughly trashing it.

My son was always amazed at how these people who exhibited so much intense hatred claimed it was CFA who was hateful!

You're right. You can't make sense out of crazy. That's why they call it crazy.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19749 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two stories. They are of contrasting between two fast food chains.

They both have happened within the last month, both while on field trips.

Story #1 it happened at the very beginning of last month. I had my girls lacrosse team and they wanted to stop to eat, quick vote takes place and Chic Fil-A was the hands down winner. It was a Friday night at about dinner time. The place was packed!

I squeeze the bus into the parking lot entrance and let the girls off. I go park the bus and use my phone app. to make my order as I walk to the restaurant.

The line is crazy long when I get there but it's going fast and my girls are getting their food lickety split.
I walk to the pick-up location and my name is called. I take my food back to the bus, telling the coach to call me when she is ready. I get to the bus, eat my dinner and a few minutes later the coach calls.

It took all of 30 minutes total for the girls to get their food, eat and back on the road.

As in the OP's story, the drive thru is packed, dinning room is packed and I just dropped 32 girls off at their door.

When I was in there, the staff was very friendly and courteous. The restaurant was clean, even though they were very busy.

Story #2 it just happened two weeks ago. I had my boys lacrosse team and they wanted to stop to eat, a vote was taken and McDonald's was the winner by a slim margin.

It was just after dinner time, around 7ish o'clock. The place was empty. No customers in the dining room and only three cars in the drive thru.

I swing the bus into the parking lot, drop the boys off and park the bus. Since I don't have a McDonald's cockroach app. and the coach said he was buying my dinner I walk in.

Since I was the driver, the coach and I are in front of the line. I gave my order, BigMac no onions and extra pickles and macsause.

The 33 boys make their orders and it took 15 minutes for mine and the coaches orders to come up. The last order we were in there for 45 minutes at that time.

The staff wasn't happy to see us, no smiles, no "may I help you", nothing. While the restaurant wasn't a pigsty or anything, it wasn't what I would call clean.

Even though they had 33 boys standing there, half of the staff just stood in the back doing nothing.

Lots of nasty looks and that's about it. It took two hours plus to get back on the road.

Oh yeah, my BigMac no onions, had onions on it. I picked them off as best I could, and extra pickles, I guess in McDonald's speak, that's one pickle (?), I don't know. On yeah, my BigMac was cold, but at least my fries where hot

Thing is, this isn't a one off thing at the same restaurants, I have never, ever had bad service at any Chick Fil-A I have been to.

Where places like McDonald's, Wendy's, Taco Bell have always gave poor to bad service.

Moe's and Qdoba's have been fairly good and so has Steak and Shake.

Taco Bell has been so bad, I will not take my field trips there, I tell them they have to pick another place, anywhere, even McDonald's.

I'm always glad when they pick Chick Fil-A, I know that my order is going to be right, hot and fast! Served by friendly people. I also know that we will be back on the road in no time.

Posts: 3157 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:
quote:

I wish one of those leftist shitbags would do that when I'm there.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39777 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
While we were eating, glancing out the window, we could see the cars in the drive-thru line. CF-A had a couple of people taking orders at the car windows, using a tablet of some sort.

They do that a lot at the one here close to my home, during busier hours. I don't think taking the order goes any faster that way, but if you're paying with a credit card they can do it right there instead of having to do it at the window. It does seem to make the line move through a tad faster.

Posts: 7285 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:

They do that a lot at the one here close to my home, during busier hours. I don't think taking the order goes any faster that way
I think it really does speed things up. There are always some people who don't know what they want and really delay things by not deciding until they are at the actual ordering point. You know, the ones with a vehicle full of kids, who take forever to decide.

When a live person with an iPad walks up to the car window the ordering process seems to speed up and the flow through the pick-up window is smoother and faster.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30795 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine stopped by Chick-fil-a after his daughter just had shoulder surgery. She was hungry and still loopy from the anesthesia and all she wanted were the chick-fil-a mini’s that they only serve at breakfast. It was about 1:30. My buddy explained his daughter’s situation and they agreed to make a batch just for her. They apologized that it would take about 15 min to get them ready. They really are a class act that understand the concept of serving customers

Posts: 734 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
So, TMats, what did you & wife order?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9070 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
So, TMats, what did you & wife order?

She had some sort of wrap (just looked it up, a grilled chicken Cool Wrap). I had a meal with 4 strips and we shared the waffle fries.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Typical example of the left lunacy.
If you don't AGREE fully on their position then you are a HATER.
Fuck 'em.

Posts: 22981 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our CFA is packed pretty much all day every day (well maybe not Sunday). A while back I downloaded the app. On my way there we pick and place our order. When I park I click the I’m Here button and usually the food is ready 1-2 minutes after I walk in the door. So I basically skip the 20 people in line. On top of that, we get free “treats” constantly that range from a Chicken biscuit to nuggets. If you go there more than once a month, get the app.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If every store was as clean and filled with compatent workers such as Chick-fil-a, the world would be a much better place.

You'd think by now other companies would be taking notes.

Posts: 10057 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Amazing experience this afternoon at Chick Fil-A and I thought it worth sharing. My wife and I were out running errands today. She specifically said that she’d like to have lunch at CF-A. When we got there, a string of cars were backed up at the entrance to the parking lot. We parked at the Menard’s adjacent to CF-A.

There is a big softball tournament going on today with teams from as far away as Rapid City SD. At least three teams were there. The line was backed out the doors of the restaurant. In spite of the long line, we reached the counter very quickly. I swear, we had barely sat down when our order was brought to the table. Remarkable.

All those people and the table was clean, the food was fast and hot and the service was friendly, as always. I thought of the last time I was in Arby’s. Weekday, not very busy at all, and I’ll bet I waited 10 minutes for my sandwich. This place was like carrier operations.

I remember when the only CFA in Wyoming was in the mall. Living in Gillette we’d typically hit the one in Fort Collins on the way down to Denver and again on the way back the next day. Can’t wait till they’re coast-to-coast.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post