SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apple’s iOS 11.4 update finally something good is added
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple’s iOS 11.4 update finally something good is added Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:
It would be nice if Crapple would tell people of these updates.

Apple does announce them. The update announcements are all over the forums that feature Mac's.

9to5mac

OS X Daily

MacRumors

to name a few. I subscribe to those, and several other tech forums, in my RSS reader. On a day that Apple releases major updates (and they tend to release them en masse on one day for all of their products), my reader is bombarded as each site publishes the update info.

Posts: 10806 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now what’s all the crapple-fans have to say about the permissions issue. Hmmmmm, stone dead silence.....

Sorry, no idea. Well over a decade of using Macs personally and professionally I have never seen that issue.

It's just a computer, just buy something different if it aggravates you that much. Luckily, used Macs have pretty good resale value.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
As usual with crapple it make it work you have to hack it.

Yeah Siri has been turned off for years for me, it’s stupid and it doesn’t work.

Now what’s all the crapple-fans have to say about the permissions issue. Hmmmmm, stone dead silence.....

P.S
Apple sucks

If you hate it so much why do you have apple products? Seems like you are the problem here not the devices. I have owned plenty of guns I didn’t really like....guess what I don’t own them anymore. Life is too short to annoyed by something easily remedied.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah Siri has been turned off for years for me, it’s stupid and it doesn’t work.

P.S
Apple sucks

For some reason, I’m thinking of Barry Kripke.

Posts: 3245 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Ohhh the usual Apple fan boys answer to a question of help.....

If you hate it so much why do you use it? Because When I bought the computer in 2014 it worked pretty much as advertised. Its gone steadily downhill ever since. Beside I paid a pretty penny for this unit I think roughly $2k. I'd rather see it through and kill it with a hammer.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7905 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
As usual with crapple it make it work you have to hack it.

P.S
Apple sucks

Your posts are so full of fail it's actually amusing.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ohhh the usual Apple fan boys answer to a question of help.....

If you hate it so much why do you use it? Because When I bought the computer in 2014 it worked pretty much as advertised. Its gone steadily downhill ever since. Beside I paid a pretty penny for this unit I think roughly $2k. I'd rather see it through and kill it with a hammer.
Well it's 2018, I think you've got your $2k out of your shitty computer.

Go buy a Dell or Acer or whatever those things are. Be FREE man! Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
quote:

P.S
Apple sucks

For some reason, I’m thinking of Barry Kripke.

Had the same immediate thought

quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:
Your posts are so full of fail it's actually amusing.

This ^^^^^

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Fail because of what. I’m voicing my depleasure for an poor product.

Posts: 7905 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fail because of what. I’m voicing my depleasure for an poor product.

For starters, you are hijacking a thread. This thread is about the latest iOS release and its features, not a general purpose Apple-left-me-butthurt thread. Nor is it a thread to seek tech support, or call Apple users fanboy's.

Kinda ironic, since earlier you complained that you aren't informed about latest releases, while now detracting from others getting the word out.

Go start a thread if you want to rant. Or perhaps a thread titled "Help! Permission issue with Mac OS X." If you sincerely want help, there's plenty here who will provide it. If you want to just set up Apple users, you're on your own.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8224 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Yeah we’ll Crapple used to give updates a push out to your phone Not anymore. You have to be aware of the updates to even find out about them.

P.S
My computer still can’t even view its own photos

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah we’ll Crapple used to give updates a push out to your phone Not anymore. You have to be aware of the updates to even find out about them.

<Picks up his iPhone 6S. Looks...> Oh, look: A notification: "Apple Watch Software Update. A software update is available for Apple Watch."

That was with doing no more than picking up the phone. Haven't even unlocked it.

After that's done I'll check Settings to see if there's a phone OS update. I saw no notification, so I guess it hasn't been pushed to my carrier yet. <Later...> Yup: 11.4 is available for download. Eventually, when it's my turn, it'll get downloaded to my phone and I'll get a notification.

quote:
P.S
My computer still can’t even view its own photos

Have you tried going to one of the popular Apple forums where they discuss Macs and politely stating the nature of your problem and politely asking how it might be resolved? Without all the crazy anti-Apple ranting?

You're getting the reaction you are because you sound like you're utterly clueless about your stuff works and, rather than asking how to get a clue, just mindlessly ranting about how broken it is.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Yep. Everything that’s in the knowledge area I’ve tried. Works for 5 mins then reverts back to your don’t have permission.

My options are to restore the computer which has far to much info on it to loose, or pay a huge fee because the computer is looonnnnnggggg out of date

My updates never come through as alerts. Never have. I’ve only known about them from the few people here that have iPhones and actually follow Apple. (Not sure why)

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep. Everything that’s in the knowledge area I’ve tried. Works for 5 mins then reverts back to your don’t have permission.

Ok, so here's what I suspect: I suspect there's something running, some application or service, that's doing that. (What that would be I cannot say.)

It's Unix under the hood. And, while that can be an unfathomable mystery to those who do not know it, I do, and I can tell you the operating system generally does not behaving in arbitrary, capricious ways.

quote:
My updates never come through as alerts. Never have. I’ve only known about them from the few people here that have iPhones and actually follow Apple. (Not sure why)

Have you tried asking in iphoneforums.net or the Apple Community forums?

My wife and I each have iPhone 6S' and 2017 9.7" iPads. We get notifications on all four of them. And I on my watch, as just noted.

Anyway, I should stop with this. It's supposed to be an iOS 11.4 update thread.